Contribute
Register

No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this, too. But how do I open CodecCommander.kext without software? what is the yellow rectangle in the info bar?

I use exactly same mother board you have... I also don't see Developer folder? in my Library....

Hello

Ok, to open the kext just Ctrl-Click or Right-Click on the file and select Show Package Contents.

The yellow warning triangle was in the Xcode info pane at the top centre of the screen. It looked like something that needed addressing so I clicked on it and followed a hunch, updating the project to Yosemite and the latest Xcode. This cleared the warning.

Looking at your screenshot it does look as though you have found and edited the correct plist. :) I only change the single example of 0 to 2. No other edits. Sound is fine through the Green port.

As for Xcode... I'm not new to "C" but a total novice with Xcode so just let the App Store install it with all its defaults and the path I mention is where I found the kext. Xcode creates the Developer folder in your Library folder (you have probably unhid the Library folder already so should see it) The Developer folder is right there after Containers and Cookies ... If you installed differently maybe it is elsewhere.

Hope you manage to find it. :)

The yellow warning triangle was in the Xcode info pane at the top centre of the screen.

oh, you meant "triangle"... I found it and updated....

thank you...

As for Xcode... I'm not new to "C" but a total novice with Xcode so just let the App Store install it with all its defaults and the path I mention is where I found the kext. Xcode creates the Developer folder in your Library folder (you have probably unhid the Library folder already so should see it) The Developer folder is right there after Containers and Cookies ... If you installed differently maybe it is elsewhere.

oh... I found it... I didn't know hold option and go to see unhid library... I am total newbie...

I right clicked on CodecCommader.kext and chose show package contents... I could see Info.plist.... Opened by text edit.... Is this what you did???

thank you

I typed this thing... copied same thing and pasted here to make this looks like "Rickymywirry"s...
But still losing sound after sleep....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 1.22.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 1.22.39 PM.png
    930.5 KB · Views: 748
oh... I found it... I didn't know hold option and go to see unhid library... I am total newbie...

I right clicked on CodecCommader.kext and chose show package contents... I could see Info.plist.... Opened by text edit.... Is this what you did???

thank you

I typed this thing... copied same thing and pasted here to make this looks like "Rickymywirry"s...
But still losing sound after sleep....

I've copied this block into the "Defaults" Settings and not the Gigabyte specific block. Don't know if this is the solution though.

I've copied this block into the "Defaults" Settings and not the Gigabyte specific block. Don't know if this is the solution though.

I have no idea where I can find "Defaults" or even Gygabytes specific block.... Lol

thank you...

I have no idea where I can find "Defaults" or even Gygabytes specific block.... Lol

thank you...

On the picture you posted you have highlighted the Gigabyte block in blue.

However this is not our motherboard so I did not alter anything here.

All I did was change the "0" to a "2" in the section above the "1B".

You can double check "1B" is correct by running the Terminal script Rickmywirry uses ...

Once done, save your plist in the Contents folder, back out and then install it using KextBeast. (Put the new, modified kext on the desktop and then run KextBeast)

:)

Yes! I followed your instruction and worked!

Thanks!

This is the best Audio App I have found.

Regarding Audio: I found this app more reliable than shilohs. You can set it to open automatically at login and to run on wake from sleep. It also stores your password so you don't have to put it in manually every time. http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment...eset-1.3.0.zip

I found this MenuBar App "Reset AppleHDA" by Michael Clifford here
See post 12

This is the best Audio App I have found.

Regarding Audio: I found this app more reliable than shilohs. You can set it to open automatically at login and to run on wake from sleep. It also stores your password so you don't have to put it in manually every time. http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment...eset-1.3.0.zip

I found this MenuBar App "Reset AppleHDA" by Michael Clifford here
See post 12

I tried this app, but after waking from sleep I have no audio devices to choose from. Had to do a reboot to get it back. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back