1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
2787035531_066ba1ee85.jpeg

Deprecated, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio
No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

No onboard audio after wake occurs on some systems with 10.10 and newer and since 10.9.2 and newer. The problem was introduced in 10.9.2, ironically, when Apple tried to "fix" no audio after wake on native hardware (more information, see Details). For users that believe codec patching causes the problem, the patches do not modify a single line of code. Instead, the patches configure the codec to support AppleHDA requirements. The specific AppleHDA codec engine enabled is no longer actively supported and, at some point, may be removed. Resolution of this problem is not likely.

Note: Posts to this thread are limited to additional "no audio after wake" fixes. New fixes are added to this post upon verification. Posts describing the problem, requesting help or simply complaining will be removed.

Details
  1. Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] - Page 73
    1. credit: TimeWalker75a #721
Fixes - install one fix; if the fix does not work, remove and try another
  1. EAPD-Codec-Commander
    1. credit: the-darkvoid, RehabMan
      1. No sound after sleep - ALC892 - Yosemite + Clover, Post #17/#19
    2. Repo:RehabMan / OS-X-EAPD-Codec-Commander
    3. Download: RehabMan / OS-X-EAPD-Codec-Commander
    4. 1150 only: Fix no sound after sleep on 1150
      1. credit: tigersoul925
  2. Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander
    1. credit: TimeWalker75a #20, No sound after waking from sleep
    2. set boot flag: darkwake=8
    3. Installation example, credit: Rickmywirry, Post #4
      1. No sound after sleep - ALC892 - Yosemite + Clover
  3. Releases · cliffom/appleHDAReset · GitHub
    1. credit: cliffom #92, Realtek ALC 892 No sound after sleep [10.9.2]
  4. No OnBoard Audio After Wake From Sleep?
    1. credit: shilohh
  5. Working sysdef, try
    1. imac14,2, credit: photo-bit, #44
    2. imac13,2, credit: kiu77 #54
  6. AppleHDA prior to Apple "fix" (select one method)
    1. Install patched AppleHDA
      1. Mavericks 10.9.1/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.3/MultiBeast 6.1.0
        1. Downloads - tonymacx86.com
      2. Mavericks 10.9/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.2/MultiBeast 6.0.1
        1. Downloads - tonymacx86.com
    2. Install native AppleHDA (10.9 or 10.9.1)
      1. Realtek ALC AppleHDA
        1. Patch in place
        2. Clover patch
  7. Onboard audio substitutes
    1. USB
    2. HDMI
    3. PCIe
Problem Reporting (posts describing problems may be removed)
  1. No support, contact developers noted above.

Last edited:
I have this problem with Yosemite using the latest MultiBeast-Yosemite-Edition-7.1.0 software and earlier. It was worked around by installing audio driver from MultiBeast-Mavericks-Edition-6.1.0.

Is any one of your posted links best for fixing this with the most recent MultiBeast editions? It's a problem I'd dearly love to solve.

Thank you,

Steve

Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard, OS X 10.10.1

Followed:

Fix #1 item 3 by Rickmywirry post #4

Clicked on the yellow rectangle in the info bar, which is clearly a warning, and updated the Xcode project for Yosemite.

Only needed to build the kext and alter "0" to "2", as described, in the plist. No other edits made.

Points to note:

You can use TextEdit to change the plist. No need to download the special demo software mentioned.

Skapplin's method of regressing the AppleHDA.kext to an older one did not work for me.

If you are new to Xcode like me the output file can be found in your -
User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/CodeCommanderxxxxxxxxx/Build/Products/Release (where the xxxx is a misc string of characters) folder.

Toleda,

Thank you. I did not miss them, but all of these were specified for use with Mavericks. My problem existed in Yosemite. I never had the problem in Mavericks.

all of these were specified for use with Mavericks.
Missed the point, the problem was introduced in Mavericks; the linked post provides the details. All fixes, if needed, work in any version of OS X after 10.9.2.

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H Yosemite 10.10.1

Also followed the guide from Fix #1 item 3 by Rickmywirry post #4

No need to add the boot flag. Compiling the kext / adjust the plist and install it using Kext Beast was enough!

However, I'm having an issue with the green out port now. If I use this port i only get noise (in the beat to the music - lol). I'm sure it worked before but I'm not sure if this fix was creating the issue. For now I will just use the rear/front out instead (which work fine).

Edit: Forget to mention that I used the "audio_CloverALC" command line application from toleda to enable sound :D Before being able to run the script I just had to inject audio id "1" via Clover.

Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard, OS X 10.10.1

Clicked on the yellow rectangle in the info bar, which is clearly a warning, and updated the Xcode project for Yosemite.

You can use TextEdit to change the plist. No need to download the special demo software mentioned.

If you are new to Xcode like me the output file can be found in your -
User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/CodeCommanderxxxxxxxxx/Build/Products/Release (where the xxxx is a misc string of characters) folder.

I followed this, too. But how do I open CodecCommander.kext without software? what is the yellow rectangle in the info bar?

I use exactly same mother board you have... I also don't see Developer folder? in my Library....

I could open similar thing but it's still different....???

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,612
I could open similar thing but it's still different....???

I changed wherever number was o to 2.... after sleeping there is sound but really distorted... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back