Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
No audio after sleep is an issue that I have been fighting since I built this rig, and it seems I'm not alone. When I ran this build on Yosemite with Chimera I was able to get this to work, and I was able to get this working on El Capitan initially before the big Multibeast update, but now I'm not having any luck.

What I have tried:

Later tonight I may try using the El Capitan post installation tools and completely avoid using Multibeast since that was the last thing that made my audio after sleep work, though I figure the audio patching is pretty isolated and shouldn't be affected by this.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it.

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H
Intel Core i7 4790K
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 960
ALC1150

Last edited:
MacPro3,1 which is what I believe I have always used.

I would recommend that you switch to iMac 14,2 profile. That profile is more compatible with the hardware you have (based on specs in your profile). I had the same issue of sound not working after sleep and switching to 14,2 along with using codec commander kept fixed it.

Alright, so after using iMac 14,2 my audio would not work at all until I installed CodecCommander, and now the audio is still not working after sleep, but it's a bit different. Before, if I put my computer to sleep it would immediately lose sound. Now, if I put the computer to sleep and wake it quickly (before it goes into "deep" sleep) the audio still works, however once it goes into "deep" sleep, it stops working. I use the term "deep" sleep but it may be called something else, essentially I can hear my PC's fans running and my keyboard is still lit before it hits "deep" sleep.

What CodecCommander are you using? I'm using the one from RehabMan, https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads

Thanks for the help, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

I am using the latest one from the website you posted. Other thing you may want to try is use the Line Out option as the output source. I had read somewhere that the Internal Speakers did not work after waking from sleep. I have my speakers plugged in to the different audio port in the back. I have two rows of audio ports on my motherboard and the one I am using is the one in the middle of the top row.

That worked! This is fantastic, thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back