Contribute
Register

No Audio After Long Sleep, Z77-DS3H, 10.9.2, Multibeast 6.2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the latest MultiBeast v6.2.1 (?) to install what your motherboard requires for the Mac OS to "play nice" (I think I did select the correct audio drivers for my MoBo)

Reboot (to get the drivers you installed loaded & in effect)

Repair permissions in Disk Utility again, just to be certain file permissions are correct.

Install ONLY the audio drivers for your MotherBoard using MultiBeast v6.1.0
(This is what I did)

Repair permissions again & reboot.

Your Hackintosh should be "up & running" and hopefully audio will work after sleeping

This worked for me on 10.9.2 with MB 6.1

Thank you!

I know this is an old thread, but Ive dealt with this issue for months and tried every tin-foil solution Ive see with no results until recently, Ive finally found a resolution (for my issue at least...)

Check your audio output device after sleep, mine gets switched to airplay every time I wake form sleep(even though I dont have airplay devices). Just change your device back to the correct one (internal speakers for me) and it works again! No more having to save and close everything on your computer to get your sound back :thumbup:

How did airplay get installed on there? Could you uninstall it?

Mine has Soundflower installed, but thankfully the problem with re-selection does not affect me in Mavericks. I tried Yosemite (good God is it ugly!) and the solution to no sound there after using Multibeast was as you describe, i.e. select right output.

This something to try. I consider this a temp fix at best… but it’s something that works for me when audio breaks after sleep. I use ALC892 with the optional “Port Audio Enabler” available in Multibeast 6.2.1 (OSX 10.9.2) even though I am running under 10.9.4. This temp fix has worked for 10.9.1 thru 10.9.4.

Manually move the AppleHDA.kext file OUT of the extensions folder to a place like the desktop (for example). Enter your admin password if prompted. Next, move the file BACK to the Extensions folder… Enter your admin password if prompted. That’s it. If your audio was working before sleep this may work. If audio was not working before sleep this routine will NOT bring it back.

I wrote a script to do the preceding. Again, your admin password is required when the script runs. This script moves and renames the AppleHDA.kext to your personal folder temporally. It then moves it back to your Extensions folder renaming it AppleHDA.kext again. After about 10-15 seconds you should hear a little pop and the audio starts to work. Copy/paste the following to an applescript. Save the script and run.

#copy
tell application "Terminal"
activate
do shell script "mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext ~/AppleHDA2.kext" with administrator privileges
do shell script "mv ~/AppleHDA2.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext" with administrator privileges
end tell
#end copy

You can also try moving the AppleHDA.kext to trash. Immediately click the file in trash and “Put Back”. Enter your admin password if prompted. In my experience this works too but takes more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back