Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz
Graphics
Gigabye GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 1 6G
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
iTunes 11.1.5 today updated IOGraphicsFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext and System.kext.
Though Multibeasted AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext remained untouched, sound said byebye.

ALC892 is already reported, but for ALC898 is the same, probably for others, as well.

Edit: That time iTunes told that it would need a restart after applying the update. (Again, there was no other update selected.) That's how it did. After having no sound I tried to copy back the old kexts I archived before the update. System couldn't start after that.
Having a quick 10.9.2 reinstall I tried again the iTunes update, this time it did not require a reboot, and sound stayed stable.

Summa: I really don't understand what happened.

iTunes 11.1.5 today updated IOGraphicsFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext and System.kext.
Though Multibeasted AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext remained untouched, sound said byebye.

ALC892 is already reported, but for ALC898 is the same, probably for others, as well.
Read this as iTunes was updating.

Post, sound (ALC892) is fine - to the same point as before anyhow.

Not sure, if this was iTunes or 10.9.2 in general, but I experienced something similar but have no working fix up to now.

I use my EP45-UD3LR since 10.5 with matching DSDT and with toleda's ALC888 Legacy. Layout-id 1 is injected (successfully) by Clover. The 10.9.2 update broke sound again, as I expected. Using my patched and working 10.9.1 kext didn't bring back any working sound device.

Meanwhile I tried my old kext, the new toledo patch for 10.9.2 and patching the binary by clover, using a dummy kext for codec injection, but all to no avail.

I only get lots of ‚kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2181’.

IORegistry-Output attached, but seems fine to me.

Attachments

• IORegistry_HDEF.jpg
    IORegistry_HDEF.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 354
Try this video:

[video=youtube;ZRthee6eCLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRthee6eCLY&feature=c4-overview&list=UU0iVaFSsPIGOKGhSB2rOMYA[/video]

Just a short followup. Meanwhile, I managed to get back audio. At least, kind of...
Now and then, the sound devices are gone after sleep or reboot. If this happens I have to plug headphones to front audio jack to trigger sensing. After this, audio works as normal even for rear audio jacks.

Somehow, the sensing algorithm must be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back