Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well I finally got Catalina installed on my second drive. Used newest Multi Beast for Catalina. All went well but no audio out from the mother board only coming through the one monitor hooked up with HDMI. Any ideas how to get audio working on mother board?

According to the specification page for your motherboard, it contains the Realtek ALC898 codec, which is supported by AppleALC.kext, when used in conjunction with Lilu.kext and the correct layout-id is injected via your config.plist.

These two kexts should be within your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, if they are missing add them manually. Copies of the two kexts are attached below.

The Realtek ALC898 codec is known to work with these layout-id's

Layout-ID 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 28, 65, 66, 98, 99, 101

You should start with layout-id=1 and work your way through the various options.

These can be added to the config.plist relatively easily, assuming you know how to mount your EFI partition and can open your config.plist with an editor, Clover Configurator is probably the easiest to use and navigate.

You would need to navigate to the Devices Tab in Clover configurator, as shown in the screenshot below.

You would need to insert the layout-id in to the Audio > Inject box, located on the top row on the tab. You would then need to save the config, so it uses the id when you next boot the system.

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 23.01.02.png

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 23.02.02.png
Close up of Audio Inject=1 option.

After rebooting your system, you would need to check the System Preferences > Sound > Output tab, to see which Audio devices, if any, have appeared. below is a screenshot of my Output tab, it is well populated, yours would look different.

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 22.49.08.png

You would be looking for the Internal Speaker or Line Out option, depending on where your audio cable is plugged in. For your motherboard the Line Out option would be with your Audio cable plugged in to the Green audio port on the rear I/O plate on your motherboard.

1000.jpeg
Green audio port for Speakers.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back