Contribute
Register

No audio after 10.6.8 updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have updated my SL to 10.6.8 version and my sound is out. I can see my sound card in the system profiler but I can´t hear anything when I get into my OSX. My motherboard is an ASUS P557D-LE. In previous actualization I got sound with VodooHda but now it is impossible, I have reinstalled the Vodoo kexts and my problem didn´t solve.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!

I have tried a lot of things and this is impossible for me. The only thing that I get is that my system gets some errors like I can´t get my dual monitor works or I can´t start my OSX, so I have decided to buy a PCI SOUND CARD (is very cheap) and I hope that this could solve my problem. Another option, perhaps, is to buy an usb sound card. I thing that is a good and cheap solution (at least for me).

Good luck!

I am having the same problem. Started with SL when it first came out, went thru several updates w/o issues, sound worked fine. Since 10.6.8 update, I lost sound. My audio is HD audio integrated on the board. I don't know whether a new audio kext is required. Don't really want to screw up an otherwise perfectly functioning machine.
Suggestions?

I have since tried to install new audio drivers using multiBeast. It got to the Mac load screen but got no further. The wheel simply spun and spun. I have since gone back and reloaded the entire OS starting fresh. Hey... I got my audio back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back