Contribute
Register

No audio after 10.14.6 update. VoodooHDA stopped working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B360M-A
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
I know VoodooHDA is an unpopular audio driver but it's always what I've used for my hackintoshes and it's been fine up until now. Once I updated to 10.14.6 there is no menu bar sound icon. The update reinstalled AppleHDA.kext to Library/Extensions so I removed that but still no dice (Voodoo doesn't work unless other drivers are removed). I don't have any other conflicting audio drivers as far as I can see. I'm having all sorts of problems with this update UGH. Anyone have success with VoodooHDA 2.9.1 and OS 10.14.6? Help is always appreciated, thank you very much.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5 MB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 10.34.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 10.34.42 PM.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 136
10.14.6 appears to completely break VoodooHDA (at least it did for me). AppleALC method seems to be the only way to get sound now.

10.14.6 appears to completely break VoodooHDA (at least it did for me). AppleALC method seems to be the only way to get sound now.

It works for me with HP Probook G1 in Mojave and Catalina. I use it and all my Kexts in Clover. Have you tried it in clover instead of L/E?

It works for me with HP Probook G1 in Mojave and Catalina. I use it and all my Kexts in Clover. Have you tried it in clover instead of L/E?
Yeah I had it in both my EFI/Clover and my Library/Extensions. Didn't work. I got AppleALC with working now so doesn't matter.

I know VoodooHDA is an unpopular audio driver but it's always what I've used for my hackintoshes and it's been fine up until now. Once I updated to 10.14.6 there is no menu bar sound icon. The update reinstalled AppleHDA.kext to Library/Extensions so I removed that but still no dice (Voodoo doesn't work unless other drivers are removed). I don't have any other conflicting audio drivers as far as I can see. I'm having all sorts of problems with this update UGH. Anyone have success with VoodooHDA 2.9.1 and OS 10.14.6? Help is always appreciated, thank you very much.
Same here. As I am relying on HDMI audio, I was using VoodooHDA, too. Regardless of it being "unpopular", it worked. OSX 10.14.6. broke it on all of my Hackintoshes. Unfortunately, I had just moved for about six months from my Win10 environment to Hackintosh as I wanted to get rid of the Win10 update hell.

Great. Now I'm f*cked by another update hell.

Anyhoo, anyone got an idea, how to reenable VoodooHDA or any other HDMI audio solution?

I wonder, why all of the *beasts still haven't been updated?

As far as I know 10.14.6 completely bricks VoodooHDA... I had to use the AppleALC audio method which has been working fine for the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back