EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,
I have no sound, so I need to reinstall ALC892 sound. On the initial use of MultiBeast 4.3, I missed selecting the specific ALC892 option under Drivers & Bootloaders>Kexts & Enablers>Audio>Non-DSDT.

When I re-run Multibeast for this change, will I still have to select EasyBeast Intall, System Utilites, Kexts & Enablers for Network?

Lion 10.7.3 (Apple Store purchase & download)
Installed using TonyMacx86/MacMan's instructions for creating the USB Lion Installer Drive.
GigaByte GA-P55-USB3, Rev. 2.0
XFX HD 5750 Radeon (1024x768 for now)
8GB DDR3

squidlles

Hey squidlles, just run multibeast for the items you want to install this time. No need to repeat an install for things you've already installed. The one exception is System Utilities. You should always run this when you run multibeast. It rebuilds the kext cache, ensures permissions are set correctly and some other system level administrivia that keeps your system humming along.

Good luck,
nomad

nomad9 said:
Hey squidlles, just run multibeast for the items you want to install this time. No need to repeat an install for things you've already installed. The one exception is System Utilities. You should always run this when you run multibeast. It rebuilds the kext cache, ensures permissions are set correctly and some other system level administrivia that keeps your system humming along.

Good luck,
nomad

Hello nomad9,
Thanks for the tip. Ran MB 4.3, selected System Utlities, and Kexts & Enablers>Audio>RealtekALC8xxHDA>Non-DSDT Enabler>ALC892.
Restarted and still No Input/Output Devices found. Should I Enable the AppleHDA Rollback, along with the above Realtek selections? Sound worked fine on original Lion 10.7.3 install before any MultiBeast 4.3 settings were done.

regards,
squidlles

Yes, you'll need the roll back to make on-board audio work. Just run mb again with the rollback selected and System Utilities. Should be set then.

If you are looking at using HDMI audio there are a couple threads that deal with mod-ing the AppleHDA.kext directly along with your DSDT depending on the type of graphics you are using. Take a look at this (viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31664) to get started with HDMI audio.

Good luck,

nomad9 said:
Yes, you'll need the roll back to make on-board audio work. Just run mb again with the rollback selected and System Utilities. Should be set then.

If you are looking at using HDMI audio there are a couple threads that deal with mod-ing the AppleHDA.kext directly along with your DSDT depending on the type of graphics you are using. Take a look at this (viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31664) to get started with HDMI audio.

Good luck,

Thanks for your advice nomad9,
Well...I did the rollback thing with Audio and ALC892 still won't work. Should I try another ALC8xx flavor? I seem to think ALC885 worked at one time.
The ATI HD5750 does have HDMI out, but I prefer using the Green Analog Line out on the Motherboard. I use this more or less as a test pc for Mac OS Lion.
Last year, I did buy a Turtle Beach AMIGO II USB>Analog Audio adapter that works perfectly with Mac OS. But, where's the fun in that? I really wanted to use the Mac OS Audio.

squidlles

your mobo's on-board audio is ALC889A. You'll need to install the enabler for that codec instead of the ALC892. Should work then.

nomad9 said:
your mobo's on-board audio is ALC889A. You'll need to install the enabler for that codec instead of the ALC892. Should work then.

Hi again nomad9,

Aw geez...I gotta update my user system profile.
My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3, Rev. 2
Manual says Onboard Realtek Audio ALC892 codec.

squidlles.

There's got to be something lacking in the audio Realtek kexts for Lion. I have machines with
888 and 892. One finally works, the other is yet to make a sound.
These are both friendly Gigabyte boards.

Never had a problem with Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back