i7 2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an Apple TV with the latest software (no dev). OS-build version is 5.1.1, software version is 5.0.2. When I check for updates, it says all is up to date.

My Hack is a Gigabyte UD3H-B3 with iMac 12,2 SMBios (installed with MultiBeast). My graphics card is a XFX AMD Radeon HD6xxx (I think it's a 6870). The systems runs like a bat out of hell, Geekbench >13500, sleep working, audio working, 99,9 uptime. I'm very happy!

The only thing that does not work (and that bugs me) is Airplay Mirroring. There is no Airplay option in Display Prefs. In Audio I can select Airplay as an output medium and that works (Youtube playing on the Mac, audio on the AppleTV speakers).

Can someone please help me and confirm my setup is capable of working with Airplay, I read a lot of different things and don't know what to believe. I hope there is somebody with a similar setup that's working....

Try playing something in iTunes and see if there's a Airplay button in the controls.

Strange

Yes, in iTunes there is an Airplay option and I can select my AppleTV. But, still no Mirroring, just playback.

As far as I know, you need HD 3000 or 4000 for mirroring.

AirPlay Mirroring requires Intel Quick Sync. Apple's own Macs can only do mirroring if they are 2011 models or newer.

you need a Intel CPU with HD 3000 or 4000, and set them a primary display in bios/uefi

you can use your ati card nevertheless

means.. booting is black screen, and after booting you screen shows up on ati card with airplay enabled

works for me

now I really wish I would've bought my CPU online lol. They didn't have the 2105 in stores so I grabbed the 2100 :(. Oh well!

No go

you need a Intel CPU with HD 3000 or 4000, and set them a primary display in bios/uefi

you can use your ati card nevertheless

means.. booting is black screen, and after booting you screen shows up on ati card with airplay enabled

works for me

Thanks, tried that, but doesn't do the trick for me. Still no Airplay control is Display props....

it should look like this:

WWDC-2012-Mountain-Lion-AirPlay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back