Intel Core i5-4570
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GT740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

doesn't Big Sur support AirPlay over Ethernet anymore?

When I used Catalina it worked perfectly, I read in another German Hackintosh Forum that in Big Sur it isn't supported anymore over Ethernet. Is this true?

I installed Lilu and WhateverGreen and spoofed AAPL, ig-platform-id with a headless id on PciRoot. (Yes, I am running headless mode, because my initial display output is my Nvidia GT740.)

I am using iMac14,4 SMBIOS and used this guide to inject my iGPU.

I am using OpenCore 0.6.5.

Big Sur isn't showing my Samsung TV in the menu, but it's found in Music App (iTunes). If I try to connect, it throws an error.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-08 um 07.49.45.png

Did I do something wrong? I uploaded my EFI folder for troubleshooting (removed SMBIOS and serial).
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Same here
I can confirm that a wifi card is needed for airplay to work on Big Sur now. I´ve installed Fenvi and it is working flawlessly right now. You do not have to be connected to any wifi network, but you have to activate wifi.

I can confirm that a wifi card is needed for airplay to work on Big Sur now. I´ve installed Fenvi and it is working flawlessly right now. You do not have to be connected to any wifi network, but you have to activate wifi.
can you give us link to which fenvi hardware you purchased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back