Dual NVidia GTX 780 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
OS X Mavericks No AHCI Fix, IDE support

This should work for most Legacy computers with no AHCI support. I used it successfully with a Dell Optiplex 390 in IDE mode. (See attached)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NO AHCI FIX:

1. Install all Kexts to System/Library/Extensions of your UNIBEAST or OTHER INSTALL USB using Kext Wizard (HDD should now be available in the OS X installer)

2. Install OS X to the desired HDD

3. Connect HDD that contains newly installed OS X partition to anther working Mac or Hackintosh computer.

3. Boot into working Mac operating system

4. Install all Kexts to System/Library/Extensions of the HDD you recently installed OS X on using Kext Wizard

5. Reconnect your HDD to the computer that has no AHCI support and boot to your original UNIBEAST or OTHER installer and select the HDD that has the newly installed Kexts using a MINIMUM of boot flags: -v -f

NOTE: For Dell Optiplex with Radeon HD6450 use GraphicsEnabler=No

ATA / SATA drivers should now be available to boot.

Attachments

• No AHCI fix.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,727
Can you give me some help in making the install usb
Mine is dell optiplex 390 i5-sandy bridge intel hd 2000 graphics,
I guess I should've got a 790 or a 990 but thye price was right

It looks like this is a very old thread/post. I want to ask you if this kext works with El Capitan. My old PC motherboard bios does not have AHCI option. It only has IDE.

It looks like this is a very old thread/post. I want to ask you if this kext works with El Capitan. My old PC motherboard bios does not have AHCI option. It only has IDE.
I also have pc with IDE support only..btw did u managed to install el capitain?

installed up to Mojave.

Last edited:
Does it work in older OSX? I mean Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back