Contribute
Register

No administrator account after install (can't run MultiBeast)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone ever solve this?

I am unable to reset the root password through the reset password utility or through the terminal when booting in single user mode.

In the utility, there simply is no Root account.
In the terminal when I try "passwd root" I get a "Unknown user 'root' "
When I delete the AppleSetupDone, and create a new account. That user is only given Standard access.

edit:
Ok, here's a solution (as best as I can remember) that worked for me:

1)$ boot into single user mode
2)$ /sbin/mount -uw /
3)$ launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist
4)$ dscl -f /var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default
5)> append Local/Default/Groups/admin GroupMembership <username>
6)> exit

I apologize if this instructions aren't totally complete, since I didn't write anything down because I was on the verge of giving up. The gist is correct though. I entered dscl and appended myself to the admin group.
THey aren't
did anyone ever solve this?

I am unable to reset the root password through the reset password utility or through the terminal when booting in single user mode.

In the utility, there simply is no Root account.
In the terminal when I try "passwd root" I get a "Unknown user 'root' "
When I delete the AppleSetupDone, and create a new account. That user is only given Standard access.

edit:
Ok, here's a solution (as best as I can remember) that worked for me:

1)$ boot into single user mode
2)$ /sbin/mount -uw /
3)$ launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist
4)$ dscl -f /var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default
5)> append Local/Default/Groups/admin GroupMembership <username>
6)> exit

I apologize if this instructions aren't totally complete, since I didn't write anything down because I was on the verge of giving up. The gist is correct though. I entered dscl and appended myself to the admin group.
\

They aren't just incomplete they're horrible. I wasted I don't know how many hours on this. How do I enter those commands .. where ..etc .. in terminal? I keep getting command not found. Help! Sorry for the frustration. I am so close on this Hackintosh and I'm just can't seen to get admin rights. THanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back