Motherboard
Gigabyte H107N-WiFi
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.3 on an Acer XC-605. This desktop has a Intel i7-4790 CPU, Intel HD4600 (configured to have 128MB; output HDMI). It works perfectly; I get video acceleration, sound, LAN, etc, but the maximum resolution it is capable of, is 1920x1080. :(

Here's what I did during install: with the latest MultiBeast, I installed Whatevergreen and Lilu. I also added the ig-platform-id 0x0D220003 with Clover. This is given at the Intel framebuffer patching guide, section "Gen 4: Haswell (Intel HD Graphics 4200-5200)".

Did I used the wrong Product ID (Mac Pro 6.1)? Or should I have entered a device-id (which I didn't)? :?:

Here are some relevant screenshots that I hope you guys can tell me what I have done wrong. Thank you! :)
1.png

2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png

but the maximum resolution it is capable of, is 1920x1080
True @60 Hz. Intel problem, not macOS configuration problem.
See specs, Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) Product Specifications
HDMI (1.4): 3840x2160@24Hz
DP: 3840x2160@60Hz
Only solution with your processor: active DP2HDMI2.0 adapter
No DP, no 4K
Did I used the wrong Product ID (Mac Pro 6.1)?
Yes. No Intel graphics and MacPro6,1 requires Xeon processor, Core i7-4690K is not Xeon.

I do not mind lower refresh rates to get higher resolutions. The thing is, there isn't any higher resolution available other than 1080p. I tried setting to 24Hz and there are no higher resolutions.

I changed the ProductID to iMac15,1: iMac (27-inch, Retina 5K, Mid 2015) | Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30GHz. Again, no higher resolution.

I am able to get higher resolutions (e.g. 4K@24Hz) with my other hackintosh's Intel HD530 graphics adapter, on the same TV, with the same HDMI cable. I don't know why I can't get 2K or 4K on with this XC-605. :(

I do not mind lower refresh rates to get higher resolutions. The thing is, there isn't any higher resolution available other than 1080p. I tried setting to 24Hz and there are no higher resolutions.

I changed the ProductID to iMac15,1: iMac (27-inch, Retina 5K, Mid 2015) | Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30GHz. Again, no higher resolution.

I am able to get higher resolutions (e.g. 4K@24Hz) with my other hackintosh's Intel HD530 graphics adapter, on the same TV, with the same HDMI cable. I don't know why I can't get 2K or 4K on with this XC-605. :(

Hello CCI RR us
try to insert this line in Clover/config.plist/kernel and Patches:
""AppleIntelFramebufferAzul - 0300220D 00030303 00000002 00003001 - 0300220D 00030303 00000004 00000003 - framebuffer4K
it was suggested to me by Rael11, whom I thank

Hi! I'm new to Hackintosh myself and have been struggling trying to get my HD4600 to output the native 2560x1440 for my monitor through the motherboard HDMI output. It seems like loading Lilu and Whatevergreen via Clover was simply not working.

I just now (5 minutes ago) used KextBeast to install both the latest releases from Lilu and Whatevergreen to System/Library/Extensions and on the next boot I had 2560x1440. I'm not sure if this will get you up to 4K since I think the HD4600 only allows 4K @ 24Hz via the integrated HDMI, but perhaps it will also get you around the 1080p limit.

Edit: Just to summarize, my setup now has no "Inject Intel", no "ig-platform-id" configured in config.plist, no kexts in Clover EFI folders except for FakeSMC. It's basically a stock Mojave install from Multibeast, just with Lilu and Whatevergreen added via KextBeast. Seems to all work OK now. Before, with "Inject Intel" selected, not only could I not select more than 1080p, it would also freeze macOS in Safari with certain videos autoplaying on websites. Seems to be fixed now as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for chipping in.

I read that Lilu and Whatevergreen do not work when loaded by Clover. That could be the reason MultiBeast installs Lilu and Whatevergreen into /Library/Extensions rather than /System/Library/Extensions. I verified that the two kexts are inside /L/E. I did not try to move them to /S/L/E as I believe it won't make a difference.

Next, I tried to follow your configurations: I unchecked "Inject Intel", deleted the ig-platform-id value, and I have no other kext in Clover except FakeSMC. I rebooted the box but sadly, everything looks the same. :(

Just to be sure we are all on the same page, I'm using HDMI on this box.

Could it be the Acer XC-605 motherboard does NOT support anything higher than 1920x1080? I never tried the hardware in Windows, so I am not sure with the right drivers, it can support 2K or 4K resolutions. I can't find any info on the HD4600 on XC-605. Note: the original package came with an Nvidia card but one mine, the card has been removed.

Is there anyway to find out, other than installing Windows? Or can I assume that HD4600 will definitely support a max. of 4K@24Hz?

The HD4600 is pretty much standardized and should be able to provide 4K@24Hz as max resolution according to Intel.

You should perhaps check if Whatevergreen is actually loading or not. That's what put me on the track for fixing it for me. I checked Hackintool when I couldn't figure out what was going on. In the Kext tab it said Lilu was loaded (but an older version than was present in Clover Kext/Other) and Whatevergreen not loaded/installed. So from there I tried loading it however I could and it seems like it only loaded once I installed it to S/L/E with KextBeast.

I'm thinking there might have gone something wrong during the Multibeast post-install process of Lilu/Whatevergreen that caused the latter not to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back