1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there!
I'm stuck at a very strange problem. I have installed the High Sierra Beta (Public 1) and everything works fine now except one strange issue: I can't get my RX580 to output 4k at 60hz on a specific monitor (Monitor A). I've tested the same settings on a different monitor (Monitor B) and everything works there. In addition to that I've tested Monitor A with my 2015 MacBook Pro and apparently 4k 60Hz works without any issues.
I've already installed SwitchResX on my hackintosh, but it didn't solve the problem. (I only got 1080p HiDPI at 30Hz.)
Is it safe to run the mac pixel clock patch v2 (I've read on GitHub that the signatures on 10.13 are the same as 10.12.5. But not sure about that) or run this command I've found on this forum?
Code:
# Run the following command in order to patch IOKit in order to disable CheckTimingWithRange
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

Any help is much appreciated!

Hello there!
I'm stuck at a very strange problem. I have installed the High Sierra Beta (Public 1) and everything works fine now except one strange issue: I can't get my RX580 to output 4k at 60hz on a specific monitor (Monitor A). I've tested the same settings on a different monitor (Monitor B) and everything works there. In addition to that I've tested Monitor A with my 2015 MacBook Pro and apparently 4k 60Hz works without any issues.
I've already installed SwitchResX on my hackintosh, but it didn't solve the problem. (I only got 1080p HiDPI at 30Hz.)
Is it safe to run the mac pixel clock patch v2 (I've read on GitHub that the signatures on 10.13 are the same as 10.12.5. But not sure about that) or run this command I've found on this forum?
Code:
# Run the following command in order to patch IOKit in order to disable CheckTimingWithRange
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

Did you find a solution for this? Have the same issue

Hello there!
Code:

HDMI or dp? In sierra my monitor didn't run at 60hz, only with dp it ran 4K at 60hz. dp is running at 4K 60hz now in High Sierra also. Haven't tested hdmi, will check that and find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back