i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am just curious if anyone out there has Nikon Scan 4.02 working on Snow Leopard?

Before I decided to build my rig, I did some research and found that most people could not get NS 4 to work on Snow Leopard. This is critical for me since I still do film photography and use the scanner to do the post processing digitally. I resigned myself to save up for Silverfast (expensive!). Too bad Vuescan's version of ICE isn't as good... ICE is important if you're scanning damaged color film.

On a whim, I tried putting it on my base installation of SL that I use for testing, and to my surprise it works! Just wondering if anybody out there had similar results. Almost all the photography forums I visited say it shouldn't work, so I'm wondering if I am overlooking something.

I use a Nikon ED9000 scanner for a bunch of old Hasselblad negatives. I just didn't scan for a year or two and when I finally got back to the project, I was very irritated to find that Nikon no longer provides drivers for Snow Leopard. I tried all kinds of stuff and never got them to work. So I sprang for the Silverfast software. I know it's pricey, but you'll be very glad you did. You'll find your scans will look better!

I wouldn't go through the frustration of trying to get the Nikon drivers to work with full funcitonality. Nikon is pretty clear they don't support SL at all.

Thanks for letting me know how it worked with you. I guess I was a little to optimistic when I was able to do a couple of basic scans. I better save up for Silverfast... argh. I hope their upgrades are reasonably priced...

However, it will be for a while since I want to get an iPod Touch to replace my ancient Palm m515. Haven't been able to synch it since I got SL.

I got 4 rolls of film in the freezer waiting to be developed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back