Contribute
Register

Night Shift Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use DarwinDumper to save a copy of EDID. DarwinDumper will generate a EDID.bin file. Load that file in the app. Sleect the type of monitor you want to emulate and click on Make. This will create a kext file on the Desktop. Copy that file to S/L/E folder with KextBeast and reboot.
Alright, working on it right now. But question before I go ahead, what if I want to revert this? I just remove the .Kext from S/L/E?

I finally got it to work. I used an app called FixEDID to emulate the monitor as an iMac screen. I see the Night Shift mode option in Display settings now.
I will try this app then also since i dont want to spend money on a new monitor
I can't confirm if it gets night shift to work but i used the FixEDID app and it works well. You dump your monitor/TV's real EDID to a .bin file, then load it into the app and it generates an override kext pretty much automatically. Colour profile instantly improved (and more mac-like display preferences and volume menu at last).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 5.06.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 5.06.37 PM.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 380
I can't confirm if it gets night shift to work but i used the FixEDID app and it works well. You dump your monitor/TV's real EDID to a .bin file, then load it into the app and it generates an override kext pretty much automatically. Colour profile instantly improved (and more mac-like display preferences and volume menu at last).
Yep, I just finished doing it and much better. I Hope this help others out there like it helped me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 5.10.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 5.10.41 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 353
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 5.08.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 5.08.56 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 315
Use DarwinDumper to save a copy of EDID. DarwinDumper will generate a EDID.bin file. Load that file in the app. Sleect the type of monitor you want to emulate and click on Make. This will create a kext file on the Desktop. Copy that file to S/L/E folder with KextBeast and reboot.

Thank you! This method totally works.

I think emulating the display as an iMac screen is the best way of getting Night Shift mode to work.

Agreed. The process worked for me as described for lower resolutions. I was, however not able to make it work with 4K resolution despite selecting Apple Retina Display. Not sure if anyone else was able to make it work by using FixEDID app and 4K resolution.

Agreed. The process worked for me as described for lower resolutions. I was, however not able to make it work with 4K resolution despite selecting Apple Retina Display. Not sure if anyone else was able to make it work by using FixEDID app and 4K resolution.

I was able to select the maximum resolution with the Retina DisplayMenu app. I have attached it here. Give it a try.

Attachments

• RetinaDisplayMenu.app.zip
    119.3 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back