Contribute
Register

Night Shift Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having this issue also. I use the same 40" Phillips 4K monitor through displayport. I don't see the Night Shift option in my display preferences either. I'm on SMBIOS 14,2

KyleGP and issaczz - are you both using the NVidia drivers? I understand night shift is supported by certain Mac models and I'm wondering if it's related for us using NVidia drivers. A note that I have night shift enabled on the other 2 CustoMacs that are using native Apple graphics drivers, not NVidia.

EDIT: I stand corrected for issaczz - you have 970GTX so most likely you are using NVidia driver (I have 960)

Has anyone been able to figure out how to enable Night Shift mode on hackintosh? I am running iMac 14,2 and thought that the feature would be available but I do not see it in Display settings. I found a page on pikeralpha's website and modified the CoreBrightness binary but it does not seem to work. Anyone else had success with this?

As per my previous post, I am wondering if the CustoMacs that use NVidia drivers have this issue.

KyleGP and issaczz - are you both using the NVidia drivers? I understand night shift is supported by certain Mac models and I'm wondering if it's related for us using NVidia drivers. A note that I have night shift enabled on the other 2 CustoMacs that are using native Apple graphics drivers, not NVidia.

EDIT: I stand corrected for issaczz - you have 970GTX so most likely you are using NVidia driver (I have 960)
I am using 14.2 definition with HD4600 on a 46" SAMSUNG TV and night shift is not available. I was very excited about this update (which crashed my built and had to clean install) because of night shift to find out I don't have it.

I am using 14.2 definition with HD4600 on a 46" SAMSUNG TV and night shift is not available. I was very excited about this update (which crashed my built and had to clean install) because of night shift to find out I don't have it.

I can confirm that by connecting to a TV, the night shift option is not available. I have a Mac Mini which has night shift available if I connect remotely to it. As soon as I turn on the TV and it detects it, the option disappears. Try to connect your CustoMac to a monitor and see if the option shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back