Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Newest Clover can't boot (busy timeout appleacpicpu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 2 EFI folders with identical driver folders, identical kexts, and identical config file. The different is that one folder has the newest clover. The newer one has a different file structure too (no drivers64 folder, instead has a driver folder and inside has a bios folder and a uefi folder. I put the drivers64 files into the uefi folder). Every other year or so, I like to do a "clean build" where I make a brand new EFI folder, and a clean OS install since I always accumulate glitches from all the Hackintosh patches and kexts.

They both have a brand new config with the bare minimum essentials (works on older clover). Any ideas what the issue is? The symptoms are these:

1) -v mode shows some weird errors in the new non-working EFI boot "telemetry:ustackshot every 12000000000 cycles", and errors about encryption APFS keys.

2) ends on "busy timeout[0] appleapcicpu 60s, busy timeout[1] appleapcicpu 60s etc"

3) after a minute our so, just goes to a black screen

I have an 8700k with an rx 580 sapphire pulse, using iMacPro1,1 with igpu disabled latest Mojave (I was losing my mind with patches and glitches involving the onboard graphics, so I'm done with them, GPU only from now on, hence the smbios). Ill upload my efi folders

Attachments

• working and non-working.zip
    46.4 MB · Views: 215
Update: I deleted the driver folder from the non-working new EFI, and reinstalled clover, and left the default drivers selected in the install, and it works now. I guess the new clover file structure doesnt like my old drivers. Some of the changes included additional drivers (it added smchelper, audiodxe or whatever it is called, and whatever the default "recommended" are), and the new ones dont have"-64" in the name like my old ones do. Still dont know which particular thing was causing the issue, so its kinda "solved" even though I dont know what did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back