Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16883997499?Item=N82E16883997499

This has literally everything you need to run Mojave or even the Latest Catalina. The HD4000 graphics are fully supported in Catalina. Great choice as a 2nd hackintosh or to give to another family member that needs an upgrade from an old and slow, virus infected Windows 7 PC. All Windows 7 support ends in mid January 2020 so no one should still use that on a PC connected to the internet.

Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won’t end until January 14, 2020. Find out the difference between mainstream and extended support.

Newegg ships to most all EU countries and the UK. If you're outside the USA there is a shipping charge. The VAT will depend on the specific tax rates in your country.
Screen Shot 34.jpg

If you will be using the Unibeast/Multibeast method then install Mojave first and upgrade to Catalina later on. If you want to start off with Catalina first then follow the new guide by moderator Sniki.

This beginners video shows a complete High Sierra install. You can use it for Mojave, just use Unibeast and Multibeast for Mojave instead of the High Sierra versions. It's not mandatory to buy a graphics card, but if you do, avoid the Nvidia 1030/1050(Ti) as the video shows. They only work with High Sierra via the web drivers. No drivers for Mojave or Catalina.

Last edited:
Buy it from Newegg.de shipping cost is probably 39 Euros + VAT.

Thanks for posting, super tempting. Hope they ship to Germany.

Last edited:
old and slow, virus infected Windows 7 PC. All Windows 7 support ends in mid January 2020 so no one should still use that on a PC connected to the internet.

Windows 7 was rock solid, I never got a virus on my windows 7 system. Maybe if you get a virus you should not be on the internet?

I no longer have a windows 7 PC because even the z170 system I have does not like to run windows 7.

Windows 7 was rock solid, I never got a virus on my windows 7 system. Maybe if you get a virus you should not be on the internet?
The version of Windows doesn't matter. It's the software/programs that are downloaded blindly (mostly "free") ones that have malware bundled with them. You were just diligent at not doing that. Many people do. I agree that they shouldn't be on the net. They'd be much better off using a Chromebook or Chromebox rather than Windows 7.

Last edited:
The version of Windows doesn't matter. It's the software/programs that are downloaded blindly (mostly "free") ones that have malware bundled with them. You were just diligent at not doing that. Many people do. I agree that they shouldn't be on the net. They'd be much better off using a Chromebook or Chromebox rather than Windows.

Well the version of windows does matter because some of them are crap but yes they all get viruses because people are morons. Windows 7 just happens to be one of the best versions ever.

Windows 7 just happens to be one of the best versions ever.
I agree, but after January 14, 2020 when all security patching by MS stops, then it won't be smart to keep using it connected to the internet. Sure you can run anti everything but it will become more and more insecure with each passing day. That's why I emphasized buying the HP desktop in post #1 and leaving 7 behind. To move Windows users to 10 or to macOS. More people currently use Windows 7 than any other OS in the world. The hackers and malware writers are going to target 7 users that refuse to upgrade. That's where they get the biggest payback for their efforts. Here's how much malware is released onto the internet on a daily basis. Nearly 975 million new pieces daily. Way more than back in 2009 when 7 was born. Over 20x as much. It's become a multi-billion dollar industry in it's own right.

Screen Shot 30.jpg

Snow Leopard also came out in 2009 When 7 did. How many people here are still using Snow Leopard ? It was considered by many to be one the best OS X versions ever. That doesn't make it smarter to still be using that in 2019. Mojave or Catalina is many times more secure than Snow Leopard is right now.

The end result is that the boot volume split in Catalina makes any crucial macOS system files virtually impervious to modification by malware and other malicious software.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, super tempting. Hope they ship to Germany.

There is a store in Berlin where you can purchase different kind of configurations
I just bought a bare bone for 29,99 euro.

Screenshot 2019-11-14 11.28.08.png

Last edited:
I just bought a bare bone for 29,99 euro.
Good deal hunting. There is a new Catalina guide you can follow by Sniki. macOS runs like a dream on these IB desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back