Contribute
Register

Newbie with an iMac 21.5 looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TRS96!

I was just thinking, I have other install disks from my other macs. Would one of those work too or does it need to be for Snow Leopard?

Thanks,
Cougs

Hi TRS96!

I was just thinking, I have other install disks from my other macs. Would one of those work too or does it need to be for Snow Leopard?

Thanks,
Cougs

The Gray colored disks are specific to each model of Mac that they shipped with. If you've got one
for an iMac that came out when SL was released back in 2009/2010 give it a try. Other disks for
other kinds of Macs probably won't work. May be a good idea to just clean install and update
Snow Leopard anyway to see if it is a software problem or not.

Hi TRS96!

Thanks,
Cougs

Did you solved it? You don't need to buy any disc, there are other ways to get a bootable installer. If it is an Intel-based you can run the installer with a pendrive.

Also, you never told us any other detail about your iMac :shifty:

If you can tell me more about it (specifically the model) I can help you to troubleshoot it (I have benn working about 10 years with Macs :thumbup:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back