Contribute
Register

Newbie want to build a dual boot machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video says that Intel does allow XMP on their non-Z-series chipsets (i.e. H470, B460, etc.)

Yes, you’ll void your warranty anyway overclocking
That’s why I’ll go h470. But the XMP is also advertised for Asus prime H470 but apparently it won’t boot when run higher than allowed. Then why call it XMP, Asus?
In which case you would need a z490.
Intel are not getting it.

Last edited:
Hi guys....still me :)

I've decide to buy components...but i have difficult to find Sapphire PULSE RADEON RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6...any suggestions to chang for another graphics card? Maybe cheaper?
Graphics card essentially for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Games it is not important that they are of excellent quality. I will use the main pc for work.

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-G Gaming, Chipset Intel Z490 LGA 1200 micro ATX Gaming
Processor: Intel Core i5-10600K or Intel Core i7-10700K
Graphics: Sapphire PULSE RADEON RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus or Western Digital Black SN750 - 500gb x2 (Windows/Hackintosh)
Power supply: Corsair CX650M
Cases: Corsair Case Crystal 280X Micro-ATX
Liquid cooling: Corsair iCUE H100i Pro XT

I appreciate any advice or suggestions if you have any updates to propose on the components I had chosen.

Which monitor do you recommend for graphics? i was thinking BenQ PD2700U 4k

what about

Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8GB?​

Just keep in mind that you'd be getting GTX 1050 Ti performance vs GTX 1070 performance.
The RX570 will perform much better than a 1050 Ti when running macOS or Windows.
It's closer in performance to a GTX 1060 card. The fact that you don't have to rely on a
poorly optimized Nvidia Web driver and High Sierra puts the 570 way ahead of a 1050 Ti.

Last edited:
The RX570 will perform much better than a 1050 Ti when running macOS or Windows.
It's closer in performance to a GTX 1060 card. The fact that you don't have to rely on
poorly optimized Nvidia Web driver and High Sierra puts the 570 way ahead of a 1050 Ti.

edited my comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back