Contribute
Register

Newbie trying to triple boot, looking for some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8P67 PRO B3
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidida Geforce GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

So i recently decided to multiboot my computer, more specifically Windows 7, Yosemite and Ubuntu 14.10. I am able to complete OSX installation, go on and install windows and up to this point everything is fine (as far as I can see) except that I have to boot into Yosemite with 'nv_disable=1' (which disables nvidia cards?). Now when i try to install Chimera and DSDT to Yosemite i get problems. OSX doesn't want to work at all for me. When i boot into it i get the logo and the progress bar but nothing happens. Here is what i get when i start with -v .

So i chose to ignore this problem at the moment and moved on to install Ubuntu, everything goes fine and Ubuntu boots up smoothly. I then move (?) grub as instructed in a video. In short the instructions are to type in 'grub-install /dev/sdaX --force' where X is the partition ubuntu was installed on. Now when i boot again chimera is gone, Windows doesn't boot up (boot manager broken?, can add a picture of what I get if needed) and I get straight into Ubuntus boot loader.

So my problems are: OSX not working and Ubuntu breaking Chimera and Windows.

Here are my specs:

Intel core i5-2500k
Asus P8P67 PRO B3
60GB (Win) SSD + 1 TB (Yose+Ubuntu) HDD
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 570

It's a bit older computer but I'd really appriciate all the help i can get!

Anyone able to help at all?

2 things you need to do with that hardware

install Fermi drivers for the GPU
use NullCPU kext

You could also do all installation with the iGPU HD3000 on the CPU

Next question - are you installing all 3 on same drive?

If yes, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html and substitute UniBeast for iBoot+SL DVD.

If no, how many drives and are any used for more than one OS?

Thanks man! gotta try those

I'm installing on 2 different drives, Windows on a SSD and Linux and OSX on a HDD

Can someone help on how to install the kext and the driver? Would u do it instantly (before installing DSDT) or after that? And how is it done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back