Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCB

Hi guys, hoping someone will be kind enough to save me a lot of time searching for anwers to a couple of questions!

My self modded Mac Pro 4,1 / 5,1 2 x 3.46GHz running Mojave isn't quite powerful enough any more so looking to go hackintosh route. However I use 3 bits of dated external hardware on Firewire 800 ports, and a very dated pcie card. I also run two ssd drives on pcie, including the boot drive. There are a further 4 HDDs which I'd like to still use and finally another ssd pluged into the CD drive port.

My simple question (hopefully) is: can I do a build which will have the necessary firewire ports (3/4) and pcie slots (3) and hdd connectivity?

Many thanks in advance,

Best, Dan

you can, if there is not enough HDD connectivity you can always add a new PCIe adapter with new set of r4-6 ports. but much wiser would be to take the number of HDDs down by buying larger one or store the data on a NAS.
Some of the mobos disable the 2 of 6 sata ports if you use NVMe drive so be aware of that. The older hw you have is a subject to compatibility with Catalina of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back