Contribute
Register

Newbie- Having Trouble Installing Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
CaseySJ- I tried your file and it seems to still be stopping at the same point that it was before. Thank you for adding that kext for me. This is the full line that it ends on:

Sat Jan 5 10:26:13 2019 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper.568) <Warning>: Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper

Thank you so much for the help everyone.
This should not be as tough as it's turning out to be...and I sympathize with the frustration. Maybe this is a good time to take a little breather and perhaps look through the Gigabyte Z390 build guide I put together here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

If you open the "spoilers" you will see a screenshot-by-screenshot guided tour. While this is for the Designare Z390, many of the steps leading to the initial Mojave installation should apply to your configuration as well.

Updated EFI folder attached. I was trying to add XHCIunsupported.kext but couldn't figure out how to do it.
Where we're at now- It's no longer giving us the prohibited sign, but the progress bar stops right at the very end. When in verbose mode, the last line of text says "please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in"

• The line you have quoted in your post provides no clue to the cause of the boot freeze; it is a line often seen in Normal boot too. It has no diagnostic significance.

• Unless you know how to interpret verbose boot screens and troubleshoot on the basis of your observation, it does not help anyone else to suggest the next best option with such texts quoted in your post.

• The problem if any on the verbose boot screen, can actually be many lines of texts above the ending line you could remember to post.

• The best way to communicate is to upload verbose boot screen covering a larger portion with a photo taken as clearly as possible to read the text.
  • If the screen moves too fast for a still photo, take a video and then get a screen shot from that to post rather than providing a link to a video uploaded outside this Forum where some of us may not like to visit.

• I have edited your uploaded EFI with annotations to help you edit and fix.
  • Try the edited CLOVER and boot and see if you can succeed.
  • ALWAYS BOOT in Verbose and upload images until you get a perfectly running system with troubleshoot of diagnosed issues.

Attachments

• 1.Drivers64UEFI_OK.png
    1.Drivers64UEFI_OK.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.kexts:Other.png
    2.kexts:Other.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.config.plist_ACPI.png
    3.config.plist_ACPI.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.config.plist_Boot.png
    4.config.plist_Boot.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 5.config.plist_Devices.png
    5.config.plist_Devices.png
    214.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.configplist_Gui.png
    6.configplist_Gui.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 7.config.plist_Graphics.png
    7.config.plist_Graphics.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 8.config.plist_Kernel & Kext Patches_OK.png
    8.config.plist_Kernel & Kext Patches_OK.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 9.config.plist_Rt Variables.png
    9.config.plist_Rt Variables.png
    255 KB · Views: 47
  • 10.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    10.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 11.Config.plist_System Parameters.png
    11.Config.plist_System Parameters.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 47
Hi CMN699,
I have a picture of the ending verbose boot screen attached. This is from after I made the edits that you suggested.
20190105_184643.jpg

Hi CMN699,
I have a picture of the ending verbose boot screen attached. This is from after I made the edits that you suggested.View attachment 377063
Sorry my friend the text is too tiny to read .
Magnification causes loss of clarity to read.
Could you read and comprehend the text?
For me, I need a better image to read the text.

Sorry about that! I didn't realize that it was got compressed somewhere in my process. The uncompressed version is attached.

Thanks for looking at it for me!

Attachments

• 20190105_184643.jpg
    20190105_184643.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
Sorry about that! I didn't realize that it was got compressed somewhere in my process. The uncompressed version is attached.

• The Verbose Boot screen shows the boot is almost there; but Graphics struggling to open the Screen for you.
  • Take a look in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder and edit as shown in the uploaded image and save and reboot with the config.plist you had already done.

Attachments

• EFI:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    EFI:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 36

Please note in the edited image I forgot to remove the unnecessary IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. Please remove that.

How do I add the WEG.kext? When I download Whatevergreen from the Internet, I'm getting a folder instead of the kexts that everything else is.

How do I add the WEG.kext? When I download Whatevergreen from the Internet, I'm getting a folder instead of the kexts that everything else is.
Unzip the uploaded WEG.kext and paste it to /CLOVER/kexts/Other and install it using any kext installation tool of your choice, to System disk's /L/E folder.

Attachments

• WhateverGreen.kext.zip
    182.7 KB · Views: 28
This is where we're ending at now:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • 2019-01-06 17.29.04.jpg
    2019-01-06 17.29.04.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.