Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

Hi,

I am a newbie to this form and the art of hackintosh-ing!
I now have the need of a system, for certain areas of my work and hobbies where my 2009 MBP falls a little short. While looking around for upgrades i was happy to realize i could put together a better system for just as much if not less - thanks to Tony!

The need - A daily workhorse that i would use for the following:

1. Write code - 80% of the time
    2. Debug/Run a simulator
    3. Aperture & Lightroom - Photography
    4. Gaming - 5% or less

Configuration in mind:

• Motherboard : GA-Z87-HD3
    • CPU : i5-4670K
    • RAM : Crucial
    • Power Supply : CS550M
    • Bluetooth & WiFi : Azurewave
    • Case : I still haven't made up mind. It'll most likely be an mATX/ATX with more than 1 fans (should i choose to overclock the CPU down the road)
    • OS X : Mavericks

What i already have:

Questions:

1. Do the choice in components conflict with one another or with what i already have for a successful build?
    2. Would i need a firmware patch to get the Keyboard to work ? (It currently connects via USB)
    3. Are there any Motherboards with built in WiFi/Bluetooth that someone has been able to get to work OOB?
    4. I am going through the installation guides and the questions posted here as quickly as i can. Is there more suggested reading that i should do before jumping into the build?
    5. I apologize if any of these questions have been previously answered. I would greatly appreciate any pointers in the right directions.

Thanks again!

1. Do the choice in components conflict with one another or with what i already have for a successful build?
On a brief look, I don't see any issues; if no one else has commented these past few days, your parts are probably all right. You haven't decided on a case yet, so one caution would be to check on physical clearances (e.g., CPU cooler height, GPU card length, PSU length).

2. Would i need a firmware patch to get the Keyboard to work ? (It currently connects via USB)
I wouldn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back