Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone!! Newcomer here so I apologize in advance for taking the **** out of everyone with questions that have already been asked a thousand times... Anyway...

I've been watching video tutorials on how to upgrade from a version to another and none of those that made them seem to be able to keep their apps and docs in place when doing so. My question is: Is there any way to avoid such a thing and get it to work like a standard Mac, without having to overwrite everything? More importantly, is the process the same for monthly updates??

If the answer is negative, is it possible to run the OS on one SSD and my apps on another, and have them work in conjunction? If yes, what size SSD to you recommend for the OS?? Any other advice on how to simplify the whole thing???

I also noticed that only the Geforce GTX 660 TI was recommended is the buyer's guide, and not the plain 660. Does this mean that last one isn't Hackintosh compatible?

Thanks in advance for all your answers, if any. :p

++

As far as video card do a search and look at threads. There are even several articles on these cards in article section.

Size of SSD depends on how many apps you have.
Operating system and basic apps that come with system would easily fit on 30 gigabyte drive.

Your update question is very poorly phrased.
It is best practice to always have a working backup of system. ( a separate install on partition or separate drive ).
A major install as from Lion to ML will wipe everything.
Minor updates such as 10.8.0 to 10.8.x sometimes do cause problems.
That is why you need backup that works.
With a working backup you just copy over what you need (apps and docs etc)
There are minor updates to individual pieces of software such as iTunes these only affect that piece of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back