Contribute
Register

Newb question regarding verbose mode and troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello clever people of tonymacx86!

I have a question that might not be all that smart, but so far I have had very little luck finding an answer for it, so here goes, and sorry in advance in case it doesnt belong here – as the post says: I’m a total newb, but I have tried to look through the forum, and this seemed to be the somewhat best place for my question.

So, my question: Do I need to know or at least be familiar with basic Linux, Unix or any other progamming language for that matter to create a hackintosh? It seems that you will often need to be able to interpret verbose-mode in case something goes wrong with your hackintosh, and from what I understand verbose mode is ”written” in Linux or Unix (again total newb here).

In other words – does it make sense to build and use a hackintosh if have no idea how to read or write code/programming?

Really hoping for some help on this one, as I am really curious to learn more about the different aspects of building a hackintosh.

Thanks so much in advance!

I think you don't need any knowledge. Understanding basic principles of code is helpful, but not necessary - although you should be able to google the output verbose mode is giving you if you run into any problems. I for my part have absolutely no clue about Linux or Unix.

How do you guys know what is wrong when you look at a verbose screenshot that someone posts. Is there a particular line or word you look for that tells you what the problem is? I would like to learn how to read verbose files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back