Contribute
Register

Newb in need of conversion help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got all the MB parts in place, but i'm having the hardest time trying to get the OS to boot up.
First i was getting error relating to ethernet cable, figured that one out.
Now i've tried booting up with usb, i'm using the usb 2.0 plugs & nothing, Keep getting Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. USB drive is loaded with maverick. I know for a fact the thumb drive works, had a friend load up maverick with no problem.

I also tried a sata dvd drive with original snow leopard disc and getting same result.

Please help, i'm at my wits end

I've got all the MB parts in place, but i'm having the hardest time trying to get the OS to boot up.
First i was getting error relating to ethernet cable, figured that one out.
Now i've tried booting up with usb, i'm using the usb 2.0 plugs & nothing, Keep getting Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. USB drive is loaded with maverick. I know for a fact the thumb drive works, had a friend load up maverick with no problem.

I also tried a sata dvd drive with original snow leopard disc and getting same result.

Please help, i'm at my wits end

What is the version of BIOS on the motherboard? As I recall some versions were not very useful and we went back and forth. You can search the forum here for the details. Edit: use "DQ77KB BIOS" in the search and you will find the trail.

Good modding,
neil

Looks like i'm on version 38. If you happen to know which version I need off the top of your head, would appreciate it Neil
I'll search and see what I can find.

Thanks Kiwi I will :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back