Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HI guys...this is my first hackintosh build.

I followed the may buyer's guide pretty closely for a customac pro socket 2011...here's my system:

Intel i7-3930k Hexa-Core
Gigabyte LGA 2011 GA-X79s-UP5
EVGA Geforce GTX 660
Corsair vengeance 32gb DDR3 1600mhz
Sandisk extreme ssd 480 gb

I have it all hooked up and am trying to boot with multibeast from a thumb drive as per the instructions. At first, when I did it it would stall at the mac apple logo screen. So I started trying different flags and I still can't get to the install screen. I've tried pretty much all the flags i've seen on forums...

I seem to get the furthest with -x -v npci=0x2000

So where that ends up is:

** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider

and then a minute passes and it goes:

Still waiting for root device

and repeats that until restart.

I'm kind of at a loss. I keep reading something about Kexts but I'm not sure I understand how to install them if it's not booting...:crazy:

Your expert guidance would be greatly appreciated! :thumbup:

Thanks

Mike

Is this a User-DSDT or DSDT-Free install, or did you use EasyBeast?

Have you tried using GraphicsEnabler=No in your boot flags? Try these:

-x -v -f ncpi=0x300 darkwake=0 cpus=6 GraphicsEnabler=No GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes

SMBus is a touchy subject, could be anything from temperature sensor issues to power management problems.
Did you install any kexts relating to power management or temperature sensor patches?

Thanks for your reply. I misspoke in my last message...I am still trying to boot from Unibeast, not multibeast. So I haven't even gotten to a point of using either easybeast or dsdst-free...to be honest I'm not 100% sure on that at this point since I hadn't gotten that far.

I tried using those flags you suggested though...it seems weird though because I can't see what I'm typing past the first line on the unibeast install screen. It cuts off. And everytime I kept typing it just went crazy and shutting down. So I wasn't able to use all of those flags at once, but tried combinations of them. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong there. Is there a way to add more or see more of the boot flags you are adding?

When using the CState and PState ones, it got a little further or at least wrote something different, but still says "applesmbuspci:: start failed to get acpi path for provider" here's the details though:

[RealteakRTL81xx.init] init completed
Firewire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3044 PCI now active, GUID 00342b90b1203b00; max speed s400.
[RTL81xx00xc000:rtl8168_init_board] NIC identified as RTL88168E-VL/811E-VL (mcfg=16)

NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load succeeded
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
vendor:device: 0x8086:0x1502.
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Interrupt Throttling Rate (ints/sec) set to dnamic conservative mode
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): changing MTU from 0 to 1500
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): AppleIntelE1000e:WOL = 2

and then it goes back to

Still Waiting for root device.

As it was flying past I did notice thise message (though I might have gotten it exactly wrong because it went by fast):

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI table not found: SSDT .aml

I don't know if that means anything...

Any more thoughts??

Thank you so much for your help!

Mike

newb here - stuck booting after multibeast

Okay so i got past that with the bootflags:

-x -v cpus=1 npci=0x3000

Then I installed multibeast using DSDT-free (because of my motherboard, right?)

Again here's my setup:

Intel i7-3930k Hexa-Core
Gigabyte LGA 2011 GA-X79s-UP5
EVGA Geforce GTX 660
Corsair vengeance 32gb DDR3 1600mhz
Sandisk extreme ssd 480 gb

But NOW I can't get back into mountain lion after running multibeast. Here are the settings I checked for multibeast, can anyone confirm them? I tried them a few different ways but had to reinstall mountain lion twice because I just couldn't get back into change anything:

UserDSDT or DSDT Free installation
Audio drivers - realteak without DSDT - ALC898
Miscellaneous - evoreboot
- fakesmc v5
-fake smc plugins
network - realtek - applertl8169
system - patched appleintelcpupowermanagement
bootloaders - chimerav2.0.1
System definitions - Mac Pro 3,1
SSDT options - Sandy Bridge Core i7

It keeps stopping now at different places depending on what bootflags I use, but the furthest I get using:

-x -v -F cpus=1 npci=0x3000

but then it just hangs at the white screen where there normally would be an apple logo...

I'm pretty lost. I feel like I'm going to have to reinstall mountain lion from the usb again and run multibeast again with different settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

hi man! di you solve the still "waiting for root device"
I'm a newb too with quite the same config as yours!

I did solve it...but unfortuntately it was too long ago for me to remember HOW I solved it. I really just kept trying different boot flags I think, and wrote down which combinations I had tried, and just sat there trying like 50 combinations til one worked. But it IS possible, if that helps that all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back