Contribute
Register

New Z2 Mini G4 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather like to know if it is hackintoshable before that ^^
I am in fact interested in buying the new Mac mini but I am baffled by the lack of discrete GPU (I'd used it as a second machine for 2D graphic design and 3D CAD with a 4K DisplayPort LCD monitor, besides my MacBook Pro 13") especially when I see small PCs such as this HP Z2 mini or the Intel Hades Canyon NUCs.

I'd rather like to know if it is hackintoshable before that ^^
I am in fact interested in buying the new Mac mini but I am baffled by the lack of discrete GPU (I'd used it as a second machine for 2D graphic design and 3D CAD, besides my MacBook Pro 13") especially when I see small PCs such as this HP Z2 mini or the Intel Hades Canyon NUCs.
If Apple upgrades the 5K iMac to an i7-8700 option that's what I would go for. It's too bad they charge such horrificly high prices for the storage upgrades. Their PCI-e SSD is about double the cost per GB compared to SSDs from Newegg or Amazon.

I'd rather like to know if it is hackintoshable before that

I've hackintoshed many HP desktops and always fared very well, at least with their line of business machines. So if you're willing to put the work in, I'm sure you could get it functional. Whether things like TH. Bolt will work or not, it's a crap shoot. Whether Apple will still support Intel based Macs 3-5 years for now is also taking a gamble. You could possibly buy a lower specced refurb, maybe a Kaby Lake based one and try it first to not have to make a $1400 investment before you know how well or if it works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back