Contribute
Register

New Yosemite installation was working perfectly until...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97M Gaming
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My latest build had been working fine until I realised the USB3 ports were not working so using MultiBeast I installed the universal USB3 kext's. Now everything is stable until I turn on my USB printer or insert anything in the USB ports, when I do the machine instantly freezes. If I turn the printer on before I start the machine it boots OK but freezes shortly after reaching the desktop.

This build is using an MSI Z97M Gaming motherboard.

My latest build had been working fine until I realised the USB3 ports were not working so using MultiBeast I installed the universal USB3 kext's. Now everything is stable until I turn on my USB printer or insert anything in the USB ports, when I do the machine instantly freezes. If I turn the printer on before I start the machine it boots OK but freezes shortly after reaching the desktop.

This build is using an MSI Z97M Gaming motherboard.

I have now removed the Universal USB3 Kexts but the problem still exists. When I insert any USB device into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port the machine freezes and I have to reboot using the power button. Other than this the machine is perfectly stable.

Does anyone have any idea's why this is happening?

No idea why this is happening, but I have found this to work in Yosemite where the MultiBeast supplied USB3 kext did not:

Patched AppleUSBXHCI v710.4.11 (10.10.5)

You could also try resetting optimized defaults in the BIOS and then resetting the necessary items for your motherboard before booting.

[SOLVED] New Yosemite installation was working perfectly until...........[SOLVED]

After advice I downloaded and ran 'Kext Utility', this seems to have cured the lockups and the machine is once again stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back