Contribute
Register

NEW Yosemite install extremely slow and jittery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
Hey guys, I successfully pulled off a Yosemite installation using unibeast to install and clover to post install. I did this so I could dual boot both Yosemite and windows 10. Unfortunately Yosemite is very very slow and it's screen messes up often. I'm assuming this is a graphical issue. I have a Gtx980 so I tried to install the Nvidia web drivers but they kept telling me I had to restart to apply the changes. Every time I did, it went back to Mac default and I had to select the Nvidia drivers again which prompted a restart, thus causing a loop. I thought maybe my boot flags had sometime to do with it but idk. You can see my specs in my profile and here's my flags...npci=0x2000,nv_disable=1, dart=0.

Any help is appreciated!!

Once you install the NVIDIA OS X drivers, your need to change your boot arguments.

Remove this: nv_disable=1
Replace it with this: nvda_drv=1

Hi, thanks for the reply, but after I installed the drivers and was asked to restart, I changed the bootflags you mentioned and only got a black screen, but the computer was still on. What does that mean? I'm using a dual-link dvi connector to a 2K Monitor if that helps...

Yep I did that exactly, added nvda_drv=1, and it boots with the apple logo until the progress bar gets to about 1/8 the way, then it goes black, and my monitor is searching for input...:crazy:

Any Ideas here Guys, I can't seem to do anything...:(

the graphics card has been installed and connected the whole time. I originally only had windows, which the card works flawlessly, and I choose to install yosemite on another drive, meaning my video cable and card has never been altered or moved.

I would try a different monitor / DVI cable / connection. Try HDMI. Try turning your monitor on and off again (this actually worked for me when I first tried to boot the installer).

On my hack it only takes until 1/8th of the loading bar with the Apple logo to start, at which point I'm at the login screen.

Thanks for all the help, but I figured it out, I had already changed /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/ Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 to none, but I just change all the other config2 to none as well. I then ran kext utility and restarted, then bam! it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back