Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z87X 3DU
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
GTX 760
I've just been reading @bozma88's fantastic guide for the new XPS 13 (9360).

Does anyone know whether the new XPS 15 (9560) will also be compatible?

Mine arrived today, keen to get it running OSX

Last edited:
I've just been reading @bozma88's fantastic guide for the new XPS 13 (9530).

Does anyone know whether the new XPS 15 (9560) will also be compatible?

Mine arrived today, keen to get it running OSX

I think you mean bozma88's 9360 guide.
Probably they are very similar, but you never know until you get into it...

Yes I do @RehabMan, apologies (corrected)

OK good to know. I'll attempt using his guide and see how far I get!

Likely very similar, but be careful with bios patching (variables in different places and no guarantee of no bricking), additionally you have to do your research on how to shutdown the GPU (tips: via SSDT or eventually via hidden bios variable you can search for when DVMT patching). You also have a pure HDMI port, the 9360 does not. The CPU/GPU is different so the fake strings have to be changed. Do your research, then we wait for YOUR guide!

Installing now on my 9560. I don't have a wifi card yet. DW1560 on the way from China to US so who knows how long.

The trackpad worked for a split second and then froze. I plugged in a mouse and that worked. On the reboot of installation it works all of a sudden seemingly fine but nothing to click on.

Currently using rehab mans 620 config, voodoo ps2, and fakesmc. Added piker's nvme patches to config list for my Samsung PM961 512GB nvme. I'll try to keep somethings updated here if you wanna join in and help.

Update 1:
Installed. Currently only using my Clover folder copied to HD.
Using SMBIOS 9,1. CPU shows as 2.81 Quad-Core Xeon, ram picks up correctly.
Trackpad worked for a couple minutes then stopped. I pressed a bunch of buttons. It worked again then stopped but seems like it's still functional as something is a mess. I plugged in my mouse but it thinks I'm constantly holding down the left click. I'll have to figure this out first b/c without working trackpad, a hack will be pointless for me. Surprisingly brightness keys work out of the gate. Using SMBIOS 9,1. CPU shows as 2.81 Quad-Core Xeon, ram picks up correctly.

Last edited:
Will be joining you on Monday. Good luck!

Will be joining you on Monday. Good luck!
Hopefully you have a compatible WiFi. I just found out I can't creat my own SSDT with Pikers script without internet :(

Hopefully you have a compatible WiFi. I just found out I can't creat my own SSDT with Pikers script without internet :(

Yes you can. Download on a machine with internet:

Copy the zip file to a usb drive. From the XPS:

unzip -qu [/Volumes/USB_Drive/path/to]/ssdtPRGen.zip -d ~/Library/
mv ~/Library/ssdtPRGen.sh-Beta ~/Library/ssdtPRGen
rm ~/Library/ssdtPRGen.zip​

Check the section that says this on the github repo (https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh):

Note: ssdtPRGen.sh v15.1 and greater require a working Internet connection so that it can download configuration data and command line tools. You can also download a complete zip archive by entering the following commands in a terminal window...
I had to do the same thing on a previous hackintosh.

Yes you can. Download on a machine with internet:

Copy the zip file to a usb drive. From the XPS:

unzip -qu [/Volumes/USB_Drive/path/to]/ssdtPRGen.zip -d ~/Library/
mv ~/Library/ssdtPRGen.sh-Beta ~/Library/ssdtPRGen
rm ~/Library/ssdtPRGen.zip​

Check the section that says this on the github repo (https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh):

Note: ssdtPRGen.sh v15.1 and greater require a working Internet connection so that it can download configuration data and command line tools. You can also download a complete zip archive by entering the following commands in a terminal window...
I had to do the same thing on a previous hackintosh.

You can also enable "developer mode" in the script and use it directly from a git clone.

Yes you can.
I now will in a bit. Thank you. Bluetooth actually works on this thing OOB. is all funky so I'm just trying to get bare minimums working. I'm restarting a lot b/c there's something really funky about the trackpad and mouse combo. I'm positive I installed VoodooPS2 correctly I think it has to deal with no ssdt and dsdt(going to work on that soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back