Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the voodoo kext after I deleted the ApplePS2Controller.kext and the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.
But I'm getting a kernel panic when I try to boot.
I've got a synaptics touchpad in my Lenovo B570 and trying to get multitouch support( 2 finger scrolling would be also enough) but it doesn't work with mountain lion. I had lion before and it worked. For ML I'm trying your kext but I get the panic.
Could you tell me an advise?

I installed the voodoo kext after I deleted the ApplePS2Controller.kext and the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.
But I'm getting a kernel panic when I try to boot.

I've got a synaptics touchpad in my Lenovo B570 and trying to get multitouch support( 2 finger scrolling would be also enough) but it doesn't work with mountain lion. I had lion before and it worked. For ML I'm trying your kext but I get the panic.
Could you tell me an advise?

Without a photo of the KP, I can't offer any advice.

How clean is this install? Can you detail your procedure for installing?
First, I deleted the ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and the FakeSMC. The FakeSMC was replaced with that one from your topic.
Then I installed your voodoops2 kext, repaired permissions and that's all.
My OS X installation is nearly completly stock, except for audio and battery kext.
I should add that, when I reinstall the ApplePS2Controller.kext and the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, the Panic doesn't appear, even if your voodoo kext is installed.
But I have also no multitouch or anything, just my pad and the 2 physical buttons (and tap to click support).
The kexts are all installed in S/L/E

First, I deleted the ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and the FakeSMC. The FakeSMC was replaced with that one from your topic.
Then I installed your voodoops2 kext, repaired permissions and that's all.
My OS X installation is nearly completly stock, except for audio and battery kext.
I should add that, when I reinstall the ApplePS2Controller.kext and the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, the Panic doesn't appear, even if your voodoo kext is installed.
But I have also no multitouch or anything, just my pad and the 2 physical buttons (and tap to click support).
The kexts are all installed in S/L/E

Try a fresh install to an empty partition and see if you can reproduce the same problem.

It could also be a DSDT issue as well. Please post your DSDT.

Try a fresh install to an empty partition and see if you can reproduce the same problem.

It could also be a DSDT issue as well. Please post your DSDT.

Well I reinstalled OS X, and it works now.
Scrolling with 2 Fingers is supported. But there are a few things that are still not working.
Tap to click for example or switching between Desktops. Is that a problem of my touchpad? I dont know if it supports only 2 fingers or more.
And how I can get the prefpane? I can indeed setup a few settings in the apple trackpad settings, but there is no option for tap to click etc.

But up to now, I have absolutely thank you. Your kext is definitely a great work. THUMBS UP

edit: zooming is not supported too

Well I reinstalled OS X, and it works now.
Scrolling with 2 Fingers is supported. But there are a few things that are still not working.
Tap to click for example or switching between Desktops.

Tap to click is an option in SysPrefs->Trackpad. Have you enabled it?

For three finger swipe stuff, you must configure it in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts. Select the function you want to assign, then do the gesture on the trackpad.

Is that a problem of my touchpad? I dont know if it supports only 2 fingers or more.
And how I can get the prefpane? I can indeed setup a few settings in the apple trackpad settings, but there is no option for tap to click etc.

It should be there. Show a screen shot of SysPrefs->Trackpad if you have something different going on.

edit: zooming is not supported too

Pinch to zoom is not implemented, if that's what you mean. There is a different kind of zoom that is (one where you hold a key down and use two-finger scroll to magnify the screen).

hi
i have problem with swiping between desktop only the left three finger swiping work the right swipe is not working i have to use the terminal command to make it work

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.spaces.plist

and after i reboot the problem back agin only the left swipe work

any ideas?

hi
i have problem with swiping between desktop only the left three finger swiping work the right swipe is not working i have to use the terminal command to make it work

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.spaces.plist

and after i reboot the problem back agin only the left swipe work

any ideas?

Post a screen shot of relevant section of SysPrefs -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts...

But all that stuff is handled by OS X (keyboard shortcut preferences). This driver is not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back