Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your reply. at the moment i am not using your driver, as i don't even know how to install/remove it. still a noob on osx - is there guide you recommend for a quick look at install/remove drivers on osx?

as for the shutdown issues, it's weird, because only after i stopped using the laptop with an ext mouse/kb the shutdown seems to take longer time. i'll try and clean it up with ccleaner or something. maybe it can help.

almost satisfied with the laptop for daily use.

btw ubuntu is amazing, with the jupiter power management app, you can get more than 6 hours on the laptop. 4-5 hours on windows, and 4 hours on osx. quite good for extended web browsing and docs if travelling and waiting at an airport for connecting flights.

Installation instructions are on the github README.
The only trick to installing this version is uninstalling the version that you already have. Just a couple of commands to type at Terminal (you can probably use Finder as well).

Although I could install kexts via Terminal (in fact have a few times when that is the only choice), it is easiest to use a utility like Kext Wizard, which makes it easy with drag drop.

Rightnow I am satisfied with default setting - media key first. Actually I found it's a bit of inconvenient when I am using a program using a lot of F keys.

Anyway, your work is wonderful. Thank you, Rehabman.

Rightnow I am satisfied with default setting - media key first. Actually I found it's a bit of inconvenient when I am using a program using a lot of F keys.

Anyway, your work is wonderful. Thank you, Rehabman.

I think if I was to use a program that made extensive use of the function keys, I might well reverse it (fkeys first), but just for that app (You can do that with KeyRemap4MacBook). I think, in general, it is better to have media keys first maybe just because it seems common Mac apps don't really use the function keys that much.

I think if I was to use a program that made extensive use of the function keys, I might well reverse it (fkeys first), but just for that app (You can do that with KeyRemap4MacBook). I think, in general, it is better to have media keys first maybe just because it seems common Mac apps don't really use the function keys that much.

Yes, I agree with you. I think I will read your post about remap keys :D.

Just curious... are any of you out there building your own from my sources in the github repo?

Just curious... are any of you out there building your own from my sources in the github repo?

Will do that, but not yet. Still not finish my work...

I follow your commits and if there is no current download I compile the source in Xcode. I might need to do that to get 32bit kexts. After couple frustrating days my multisystem is about to be ready.
My setup:
Lion 10.7.0
Windows 7
Lion 10.7.5
Ubuntu 12.04
Snow Leopard 10.6.0
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I follow your commits and if there is no current download I compile the source in Xcode. I might need to do that to get 32bit kexts. After couple frustrating days my multisystem is about to be ready.
My setup:
Lion 10.7.0
Windows 7
Lion 10.7.5
Ubuntu 12.04
Snow Leopard 10.6.0
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

That's crazy. I don't think my SSD is large enough to do all that...

It will be interesting getting proper driver support for 32-bit SL... I've been ignoring SL (except I do actually have a SL DVD from Apple store laying around), but probably all my projects could be built for SL.

That's crazy. I don't think my SSD is large enough to do all that...

Unfortunately one command from 10.7.0 I need, no longer works in 10.7.5
Same for some low level Xcode tools, no longer supported beyond 10.6.3. I have no choice and need to work this way.

It will be interesting getting proper driver support for 32-bit SL... I've been ignoring SL (except I do actually have a SL DVD from Apple store laying around), but probably all my projects could be built for SL.
I don't think that's gonna be an issue. 99% of SL 10.6.8 users are running 64bit systems.

My setup:
Lion 10.7.0
Windows 7
Lion 10.7.5
Ubuntu 12.04
Snow Leopard 10.6.0
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

:eek:o_O:crazy: awesome!

how long did this take you to do?

I'm stuck at osx and windows 7, planning to add ubuntu before going live and mission critical day to day stuff like email. lol

what is your backup/restore plan for your above setup? if any?

since you also installed snow leopard twice, does that mean many people refuse to use ml?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back