Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan, i'm curious. Is it possible to add the keystroke from 3 fingers swipe without having to configure it on PrefSys>Keyboard>Shortcuts?

Because by doing so, i lose the ctrl + left / ctrl + right. The screenshot below is the actual configuration after replacing the default (ctrl + left) with 3 fingers swipe to left.

edit: question is a bit changed

edit2 (24 July), so, i decided to attach SSDT to my efi, and changed the value 37 (command) to 3b (corresponds to ctrl), it is actually very nice. I attach my the ssdt too,
you can play with other keys if you want by comparing the scancode https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/keyboard-scan-codes.1216916/
View attachment 342692

SSDT-AlternateSwipes.dsl is provided in my github project.

Good afternoon. I am also using VoodeooPS2controller for my Compaq keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IRD94G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

It has a Sleep button. But I'm struggling to disable it because it's near my Escape key. I keep hitting Sleep when I try hitting Escape.

I have tried to adjust my Info.plist as such. In particular, the key code for sleep being E0 3F, but it seems to have no effect. Is this the correct section to modify for VoodooPS2Keyboard?

<key>Default</key>
<dict>
<key>ActionSwipeDown</key>
<string>3b d, 37 d, 7d d, 7d u, 37 u, 3b u</string>
<key>ActionSwipeLeft</key>
<string>3b d, 37 d, 7b d, 7b u, 37 u, 3b u</string>
<key>ActionSwipeRight</key>
<string>3b d, 37 d, 7c d, 7c u, 37 u, 3b u</string>
<key>ActionSwipeUp</key>
<string>3b d, 37 d, 7e d, 7e u, 37 u, 3b u</string>
<key>Breakless PS2</key>
<array>
<string>;Items must be strings in the form of breaklessscan (in hex)</string>
</array>
<key>Custom ADB Map</key>
<array>
<string>;Items must be strings in the form of scanfrom=adbto (in hex)</string>
</array>
<key>Custom PS2 Map</key>
<array>
<string>;Items must be strings in the form of scanfrom=scanto (in hex)</string>
<string>e027=0;disable discrete fnkeys toggle</string>
<string>e028=0;disable discrete trackpad toggle</string>
<string>e03f=0;disable discrete sleep key</string>
</array>

Good afternoon. I am also using VoodeooPS2controller for my Compaq keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IRD94G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

It has a Sleep button. But I'm struggling to disable it because it's near my Escape key. I keep hitting Sleep when I try hitting Escape.

I have tried to adjust my Info.plist as such. In particular, the key code for sleep being E0 3F, but it seems to have no effect. Is this the correct section to modify for VoodooPS2Keyboard?

You should be using ACPI (eg. do all your customizations to the keymap in an SSDT).
Refer to examples (*.dsl) in the github repo.

Is there a way to swap ALT + L to ALT + Q by using VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext? My German keyboard has the @ on ALT + Q. Currently @ works on ALT + L.

I was able to swap the buttons ^< with this ssdt.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "ps2", 0)
{
        Name(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K.RMCF, Package()
    {
        "Keyboard", Package()
        {
            "Swap command and option", ">n",
            "Custom ADB Map", Package()
            {
                Package(){},
                "29=a",    // Taste ^
                "56=32",    // Taste <
             },
       },
    })
}

Key 38=37 is ALT
Key 26=25 is L
Key 10=c is Q

I tried "3810=25" but that did not work.

Last edited:
Hello @RehabMan ,
Thanks you for your feedback and your very good work for Hackintosh.

SSDT Post 2077 and my Asus_Zenbook.keylayout work great with the German keyboard.
I only wanted to know if there is a second option with your kext.

Last edited:
Hello @RehabMan ,
Thanks you for your feedback and your very good work for Hackintosh.

SSDT Post 2077 and my Asus_Zenbook.keylayout work great with the German keyboard.
I only wanted to know if there is a second option with your kext.

Each key can be remapped via ACPI (it is the kext that reads the data in your SSDT).

Hey @RehabMan is it possible to separate the kext into one that only makes the keyboard works. I was trying the VoodooI2C with my laptop and makes many gestures work but I am not sure if they will properly work together. Keyboard works nice on my laptop even the fn keys so appreciate it!

My laptop is X1C 2016. I have been using the Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I have been using the TrackPoint to move the mouse pointer. I need a lot of power to move. Under Windows, I can use very weak power. Move the mouse pointer smoothly.
Recently, I found that cold booting the computer to Windows, and then rebooting into macOS, using TrackPoint to move the mouse pointer is the same experience as Windows, I can move the pointer smoothly with weak force, but after restarting or sleeping again, It takes a lot of power to move the mouse pointer.

Hi! I have successfully installed Catalina on my MSI GL63 9SDK laptop with i7-9750H. I am unable to get my touchpad and keyboard working which used to be functional before I had to format my laptop. I use VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleSmartTouchpad.kext in /L/E. Booting in verbose mode I see errors regarding VoodooPS2Controller.kext not loading but in kextstat I can see it. Need help. Also link any procedure to PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back