Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RM,

Have been using your VoodooPS2Controller for many months now with my Sony SE Laptop (MonkeyBook Guide in this thread). Its been working great as far as the Synaptics TouchPad is concerned, however one thing that has been a bit of an issue is that whenever I connect my Apple Magic Touch Mouse to it via BT its discovered as a Standard two button mouse and as such the PrefPlane is the one for a standard mouse not the Apple Magic Touch Mouse so scrolling and touch gestures are not working. There are no other PS2 handler kext's installed and I have installed it correctly as detailed in my Guide.

I haven't really thought about it much until recently when I installed OSX Mavericks on a HP Probook 4540s which you may remember I fitted a AR9285 Wifi/BT to.

Interestingly when I connect my Apple Magic Touch Mouse to the HP Probook it is detected correctly and works as a touch mouse. Thinking that this could have been an issue with the kext version I've been using I downloaded the latest build of of VoodooPS2Controller and reinstalled it on my Sony SE Monkeybook. But it has not fixed the issue with Touch Mouse being detected as a Standard Mouse. have tried deleting bluetooth.plist .. etc but it doesn't help.

I used the HP installer with the 4540s so i assume that it installed the HP Probook specific mouse and trackpad plists which i haven't installed on the Sony SE....?

I haven't run the debug version yet, as i wondered if you might have already seen this and maybe its is caused by something else ?, but I can if you want to see a debug/console log ?

When ever I launch the Bluetooth Mouse setup wizard it never finds a bluetooth mouse even though the laptop has connected to my magic mouse as a standard mouse ?

I am using the latest version of FakeSMC (ioreg dump below) installed via Multibeast 6.1, not the version from your repo ?

Cheers
Jay

Code:
Last login: Fri Jan 31 14:52:54 on console
Jay_MB:~ Jay$ ioreg -n FakeSMC -r FakeSMC
+-o FakeSMC  <class FakeSMC, id 0x1000001fa, registered, matched, active, busy $
    {
      "IOProbeScore" = 0
      "CFBundleIdentifier" = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC"
      "IOMatchCategory" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"
      "IOClass" = "FakeSMC"
      "Configuration" = {"smc-compatible"="smc-napa","Clover"={"EPCI"=("EPCI","$
      "IOProviderClass" = "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"
      "mb-manufacturer" = "Sony Corporation"
      "mb-product" = "VAIO"
      "fw-vendor" = "Chameleon_2.2"
      "IOResourceMatch" = "ACPI"
    }

Jay_MB:~ Jay$

Hi RM,

Have been using your VoodooPS2Controller for many months now with my Sony SE Laptop (MonkeyBook Guide in this thread). Its been working great as far as the Synaptics TouchPad is concerned, however one thing that has been a bit of an issue is that whenever I connect my Apple Magic Touch Mouse to it via BT its discovered as a Standard two button mouse and as such the PrefPlane is the one for a standard mouse not the Apple Magic Touch Mouse so scrolling and touch gestures are not working. There are no other PS2 handler kext's installed and I have installed it correctly as detailed in my Guide.

I haven't really thought about it much until recently when I installed OSX Mavericks on a HP Probook 4540s which you may remember I fitted a AR9285 Wifi/BT to.

Interestingly when I connect my Apple Magic Touch Mouse to the HP Probook it is detected correctly and works as a touch mouse. Thinking that this could have been an issue with the kext version I've been using I downloaded the latest build of of VoodooPS2Controller and reinstalled it on my Sony SE Monkeybook. But it has not fixed the issue with Touch Mouse being detected as a Standard Mouse. have tried deleting bluetooth.plist .. etc but it doesn't help.

I used the HP installer with the 4540s so i assume that it installed the HP Probook specific mouse and trackpad plists which i haven't installed on the Sony SE....?

I haven't run the debug version yet, as i wondered if you might have already seen this and maybe its is caused by something else ?, but I can if you want to see a debug/console log ?

When ever I launch the Bluetooth Mouse setup wizard it never finds a bluetooth mouse even though the laptop has connected to my magic mouse as a standard mouse ?

I am using the latest version of FakeSMC (ioreg dump below) installed via Multibeast 6.1, not the version from your repo ?

Cheers
Jay

Code:
Last login: Fri Jan 31 14:52:54 on console
Jay_MB:~ Jay$ ioreg -n FakeSMC -r FakeSMC
+-o FakeSMC  <class FakeSMC, id 0x1000001fa, registered, matched, active, busy $
    {
      "IOProbeScore" = 0
      "CFBundleIdentifier" = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC"
      "IOMatchCategory" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"
      "IOClass" = "FakeSMC"
      "Configuration" = {"smc-compatible"="smc-napa","Clover"={"EPCI"=("EPCI","$
      "IOProviderClass" = "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"
      "mb-manufacturer" = "Sony Corporation"
      "mb-product" = "VAIO"
      "fw-vendor" = "Chameleon_2.2"
      "IOResourceMatch" = "ACPI"
    }

Jay_MB:~ Jay$

I'm not sure what the issue is with your BT component, but it is unrelated to the PS2 kext.

It is best to open a separate thread for unrelated issues...

I'm not sure what the issue is with your BT component, but it is unrelated to the PS2 kext.
It is best to open a separate thread for unrelated issues...

Thanks for your reply, knowing it wasn't VPS2C has been helpful, finally figured out it was USBOverdrive that was nicking the magic mouse identity and not passing it back to OSX (discussed on home page of USBOverdrive Website), updating to the latest version (3.0.2) fixes the issue, just in case anyone else has a similar issue.

Cheers
Jay

Hi,
I've got a problem with your voodoo kext in Mavericks.
It just doesn't work.
I already used your kext once before with ML, but also in Mavericks, I guess and it worked.
Now I installed Mavericks again and wanted to install your kext, but it doesn't work.
My touchpad shows no reaction at all.
I follow the install-instructions
(tried to delete AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2 but they don't exist in Mavericks anymore, I think.)
installed voodoops2.kext in S/L/E
copied the .plist in /Library/LaunchDaemon and copied VoodooPS2Daemon in /usr/bin, as it were explained in the instructions.

Is there something, I forgot?

I used the zip file from bitbucket, because it's the newest release, isn't it?

pls help :)

edit: my Laptop: Lenovo B570 (i3 2330, IntelHD3000, 4GB RAM)

Hi,
I've got a problem with your voodoo kext in Mavericks.
It just doesn't work.
I already used your kext once before with ML, but also in Mavericks, I guess and it worked.
Now I installed Mavericks again and wanted to install your kext, but it doesn't work.
My touchpad shows no reaction at all.
I follow the install-instructions
(tried to delete AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2 but they don't exist in Mavericks anymore, I think.)
installed voodoops2.kext in S/L/E
copied the .plist in /Library/LaunchDaemon and copied VoodooPS2Daemon in /usr/bin, as it were explained in the instructions.

Is there something, I forgot?

I used the zip file from bitbucket, because it's the newest release, isn't it?

pls help :)

edit: my Laptop: Lenovo B570 (i3 2330, IntelHD3000, 4GB RAM)

Does your laptop have a Synaptics trackpad?

Did you do EC reset: Shutdown, remove all power sources, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

What is the output of:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y ps2

Yeah it's definitely a synaptics trackpad.
The EC-Reset didn't show an effect.
Thats the output for your script:

35 0 0xffffff7f809f1000 0x3000 0x3000 com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <10 7 5 4 3 1>
41 1 0xffffff7f80aab000 0x8000 0x8000 com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller (1.1.5) <7 5 4 3 1>
44 0 0xffffff7f80aba000 0x3000 0x3000 org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.1.0) <41 28 7 6 5 4 3 1>
66 0 0xffffff7f80c22000 0xb000 0xb000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.10) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

Yeah it's definitely a synaptics trackpad.
The EC-Reset didn't show an effect.
Thats the output for your script:

35 0 0xffffff7f809f1000 0x3000 0x3000 com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <10 7 5 4 3 1>
41 1 0xffffff7f80aab000 0x8000 0x8000 com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller (1.1.5) <7 5 4 3 1>
44 0 0xffffff7f80aba000 0x3000 0x3000 org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.1.0) <41 28 7 6 5 4 3 1>
66 0 0xffffff7f80c22000 0xb000 0xb000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.10) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

You have not followed the instructions for installing. Note: AppleACPIPS2Nub/ApplePS2Controller and wildly mixed version numbers.

Properly installed, it looks like this:
Code:
ProBook-mavs:acpi Admin$ kextstat|grep -y ps2
   37    3 0xffffff7f80c01000 0xe000     0xe000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.10) <10 7 5 4 3 1>
   60    0 0xffffff7f80c24000 0x5000     0x5000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.10) <37 33 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   61    0 0xffffff7f80c0f000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.10) <37 33 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   62    0 0xffffff7f80c1e000 0x4000     0x4000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse (1.8.10) <37 33 5 4 3>

ok but what should I do?
the only thing I let out, is deleting the 2 apple kexts, because they aren't in the S/L/E folder.
Is it enough if I try do delete them via terminal, or does I have to install some kexts too now?

ok but what should I do?
the only thing I let out, is deleting the 2 apple kexts, because they aren't in the S/L/E folder.
Is it enough if I try do delete them via terminal, or does I have to install some kexts too now?

They could be loading from somewhere you don't expect. Or it could be you didn't rebuild cache and they are loading from an old kernel cache image. Boot "-f", then run 'bdmesg|grep -y ps2'...

Hello, RehabMan:
I come from China, English is not good, I have a few questions for you.
My laptop is thinkpad l430, I used to drive your voodoops2controller.kext trackpad and red spots, and as you install how to wiki to install, the situation now there is a touch panel and a red dot can be used, but preferences can not be found in the touchpad, I want to automatically insert the mouse trackpad shield, how do I do it?
Request your help, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back