Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KP on unload (initiated via sleep)

v1.8.x works fine. installed v1.9.2 (also tried earlier 1.9.x) and KP when sleep is initiated. I also opened an issue on github.

I was able to get past this issue, and use v1.9.2, by not unloading / loading the kext in rc.sleep and rc.wake. My laptop works fine, sleeps and wakes. It is strange however that i get the KP on unload.

Just a small question @RehabMan could you specify which Thinkpad.dsl I should apply for this type of Touchpad?

Thanks!

Edit: For future reference, the correct one is SSDT-Thinkpad_Clickpad.dsl for the touchpad in the attached image.

Attachments

• lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-t440p-overhead-keyboard-2.jpg
    lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-t440p-overhead-keyboard-2.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Just a small question @RehabMan could you specify which Thinkpad.dsl I should apply for this type of Touchpad?

Thanks!

No idea (I don't own a Thinkpad). Try both and see which one works most appropriate.

Two-finger scrolling is very slow on my T440p. 'Trackpad Options' in Mojave doesn't work. Can I tweak sensitivity and/or inertia/speed in the kext?

Two-finger scrolling is very slow on my T440p. 'Trackpad Options' in Mojave doesn't work. Can I tweak sensitivity and/or inertia/speed in the kext?

Refer to *.dsl in VoodooPS2Controller github project.

Refer to *.dsl in VoodooPS2Controller github project.

Is there a breakdown for what changing the parameters will do? (Resolution, FingerZ, BogusDeltaThresh, etc...)

You can read the source code.
Source code as in 'VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj'? It didn't make me any wiser. I'm having issues with the cursor stuttering when swiping fast. Would also like to speed it up, and speed up the scroll. Can I do this by changing the values in 'SSDT-Thinkpad_Trackpad.dsl' and include it in the aml? (What values should I focus on?)

Source code as in 'VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj'? It didn't make me any wiser. I'm having issues with the cursor stuttering when swiping fast. Would also like to speed it up, and speed up the scroll. Can I do this by changing the values in 'SSDT-Thinkpad_Trackpad.dsl' and include it in the aml? (What values should I focus on?)

Been talking with jcsnider (who helped RehabMan with Thinkpad VoodooPS2Controller support) on the X1 Carbon (3rd) guide thread. Seems the X1 Carbon (3rd) also has issues with the swipe fast/stutter thing. I can confirm this as I just installed Mojave on my X1 over the weekend. It's very frustrating as everything else is working so well...but when the way you interact with the machine feels clunky, it's not an enjoyable experience.

Did you ever find a solution?

what do you mean by swiping fast? one finger or 2? left or right? up/down?
there are 2 Lenovo profiles that I played with - T460 and T420 - take a look at these -- 2 profiles (.dsl) with multipliers for scrolling vs just moving the cursor. you need to create a profile to match these properties. such as:
"device-properties" = {"RM,oem-table-id"="T420","RM,oem-id"="LENOVO"}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back