Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am currently running this kext on my Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th and macOS 10.13.6 with clover
the kext is installed in /L/E

the trackpoint is working just fine but when I try to scroll with the track point (pushing up/down with middle button down) it keeps pressing middle button (eg scrolling through a page w/ hyperlinks. when my cursor passes through the link while scrolling it automatically opens the link in a new tab [middle mouse function])

also, the the three-finger gestures are not behaving as I configured them (three swipe up opens the enclosing folder instead of mission control in finder)

Any ideas?

P.S. looking forward to four-finger gestures(like default open launchpad) and pinch to zoom :D

Special settings required for Thinkpad/Trackpoint.
Look at SSDT-*.dsl in the VoodooPS2Controller github project.

Special settings required for Thinkpad/Trackpoint.
Look at SSDT-*.dsl in the VoodooPS2Controller github project.
Hello,
Thanks for the answer. However, after installing the SSDT, and making sure things work (btw ACPI Location of keyboard for my X1C is in _SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 5.22.29 PM.png

here are the issues :
- 3-finger gestures are still not working
(eg. 3-finger swipe up in desktop opens ~ in finder[basically GO->open enclosing folder], in prefpane subsection navigates to the parent section)
- the brightness buttons (fn+F5 and F6) which used to work before the SSDT patch does not work anymore

an issue that I forgot to mention:
- scroll using external mouse is reversed (I do find it in info.plist but changing the scrollYreverser to -1 doesn't seem to help) while using the scroll reverser app even the "reverse mouse" function works for both trackpad and mouse while the "reverse trackpad" does nothing

fixed issue as of 9:02PM:
- The repeated middle click while scrolling with trackpoint is till not fixed <- fixed by using the debug version (the trackpoint now feels even better than on windows :D thanks for the good work)

debug zip attached, hopefully that helps

thanks.

Attachments

• debug_26968.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Hello,
Thanks for the answer. However, after installing the SSDT, and making sure things work (btw ACPI Location of keyboard for my X1C is in _SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
View attachment 355942

here are the issues :
- 3-finger gestures are still not working
(eg. 3-finger swipe up in desktop opens ~ in finder[basically GO->open enclosing folder], in prefpane subsection navigates to the parent section)
- the brightness buttons (fn+F5 and F6) which used to work before the SSDT patch does not work anymore

an issue that I forgot to mention:
- scroll using external mouse is reversed (I do find it in info.plist but changing the scrollYreverser to -1 doesn't seem to help) while using the scroll reverser app even the "reverse mouse" function works for both trackpad and mouse while the "reverse trackpad" does nothing

fixed issue as of 9:02PM:
- The repeated middle click while scrolling with trackpoint is till not fixed <- fixed by using the debug version (the trackpoint now feels even better than on windows :D thanks for the good work)

debug zip attached, hopefully that helps

thanks.

Three finger gestures must be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts (do the swipe instead of hitting keys).

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you disassemble your patchmatic -extract output (iasl -da -dl *.aml), it is easy to see your mistake regarding duplicate RMCF at _SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K:
Code:
Pass 1 parse of [SSDT]
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K.RMCF], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Three finger gestures must be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts (do the swipe instead of hitting keys).

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you disassemble your patchmatic -extract output (iasl -da -dl *.aml), it is easy to see your mistake regarding duplicate RMCF at _SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K:
Code:
Pass 1 parse of [SSDT]
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K.RMCF], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

It works now! thanks.
(thought config was in the trackpad guess I was expecting too much :p)

yup realized my SSDT error already fixed that.here

thanks again for the help and the kext :D

there seems to be a minor bug with the clickpad with one finger click and drag.
in detail:
- press down clickpad while moving the same finger(like how you would drag windows or select lines of text)
- the cursor does not move at first
- the cursor teleports to the same direction, but further than your finger movement
- the cursor then teleports back to the right location
does not seem to happen if you drag (while holding down the click) slowly.

most evident when trying to move windows very fast.
looks kinda like this when u r trying to drag up right:
  1. after holding down click, the window doesn't move at first
  2. the window flashes near the upper right corner
  3. the window comes back to the proper location

maybe the threshold configuration issue?

Last edited:
there seems to be a minor bug with the clickpad with one finger click and drag.
in detail:
- press down clickpad while moving the same finger(like how you would drag windows or select lines of text)
- the cursor does not move at first
- the cursor teleports to the same direction, but further than your finger movement
- the cursor then teleports back to the right location
does not seem to happen if you drag (while holding down the click) slowly.

most evident when trying to move windows very fast.
looks kinda like this when u r trying to drag up right:
  1. after holding down click, the window doesn't move at first
  2. the window flashes near the upper right corner
  3. the window comes back to the proper location

maybe the threshold configuration issue?

My Lenovo u430 has a clickpad.
I tried with your instructions above, and I cannot reproduce the behavior you mention.

Hi RehabMan,

I think I have a similar problem. 3 and 4 finger gestures not working on Dell Vostro 5370. When I use I2C for trackpad the gestures working, but after some hours eats all of my ram...
Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
TPA

KP on unload (initiated via sleep)

v1.8.x works fine. installed v1.9.2 (also tried earlier 1.9.x) and KP when sleep is initiated. I also opened an issue on github.

Attachments

• debug_25989.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 289
KP on unload (initiated via sleep)

v1.8.x works fine. installed v1.9.2 (also tried earlier 1.9.x) and KP when sleep is initiated. I also opened an issue on github.
Did you mean to use it with I2C? Because without I2C gestures still not working.

I have no issues with 1.8.x, it works great for me, gestures, two finger scrolling, etc... My issue is that 1.9.2 KP on sleep. Seems to be when unloading the trackpad kext. See #1,134 for reporting files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back