Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, but this is what I see in my trackpad preferences (attached pic)
It works, but I cannot set "tap to click" because it isn't detected as a trackpad, but instead as a regular mouse in System Preferences (I don't know why)

Is that a "normal behavior" considering that is Sierra?

EDIT: Reading the latest posts, it seems that is a common issue, but no one has attached an IOReg file before.

You should probably do a fresh install... (maybe you messed with the trackpad prefpane...)

Also.. if you have an issue, you must provide all "Problem Reporting" files...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I am scratching my head and I don't know what the problem is.

I have a Dell e6410 running Sierra and the PS2Controller has been working fine until I bought a Crucial MX300 SSD. I use the Disk Utility to clone the OS partition onto the new SSD. The EFI stuff is also being rsync'ed onto the SSD as well. Now the mouse of the trackpad does not work. From what I saw from the IO registry, there is nothing under the ApplePS2MouseDevice. I was using 2016-0616 version and I also tried the latest 2017-0527 version but that didn't change anything. I have attached a screenshot of the IO registry of the non-SSD version.

Can a SSD affect the PS2Controller in any way ?

Thanks.

jkl555

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 1.28.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 1.28.59 PM.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 148
I am scratching my head and I don't know what the problem is.

I have a Dell e6410 running Sierra and the PS2Controller has been working fine until I bought a Crucial MX300 SSD. I use the Disk Utility to clone the OS partition onto the new SSD. The EFI stuff is also being rsync'ed onto the SSD as well. Now the mouse of the trackpad does not work. From what I saw from the IO registry, there is nothing under the ApplePS2MouseDevice. I was using 2016-0616 version and I also tried the latest 2017-0527 version but that didn't change anything. I have attached a screenshot of the IO registry of the non-SSD version.

Can a SSD affect the PS2Controller in any way ?

Thanks.

jkl555

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I have attached the relevant information as required for problem determination in this thread. Still don't understand why replacing a hard drive will make the trackpad not working.

EDIT. I installed Dr Hunt's version and now the trackpad works. Attachment removed.

Thanks and Regards,

jkl555

I think you mean "Dr Hurt". That version is for ALPS (going from memory). The version discussed here is for Synaptics.

I think you mean "Dr Hurt". That version is for ALPS (going from memory). The version discussed here is for Synaptics.

I do not know how to tell if I have Synaptics or not. But one thing I would like to point out it in my first post the screenshot (before I move to SSD) the trackpad can be recognized by VoodooPS2Mouse. But it no longer works after I clone the disk image to SSD. And now it is VoodooPS2Trackpad of Dr Hurt's version that recognize the trackpad instead.

I do not know how to tell if I have Synaptics or not. But one thing I would like to point out it in my first post the screenshot (before I move to SSD) the trackpad can be recognized by VoodooPS2Mouse. But it no longer works after I clone the disk image to SSD. And now it is VoodooPS2Trackpad of Dr Hurt's version that recognize the trackpad instead.

VoodooPS2Mouse with my driver means that it was not Synaptics.

Yup, but this is what I see in my trackpad preferences (attached pic)
It works, but I cannot set "tap to click" because it isn't detected as a trackpad, but instead as a regular mouse in System Preferences (I don't know why)

Is that a "normal behavior" considering that is Sierra?

EDIT: Reading the latest posts, it seems that is a common issue, but no one has attached an IOReg file before.

Hey, I have the same issue right now on Sierra. Touchpad isn't detected and the SysPrefs suggest to look for a bluetooth one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back