Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This only happens when i am using VoodooPS2, once i remove the kext it works fine, no idea why i ONLY get this panic its whilst installed.
i have made sure this is the cause.

The panic shows only AMD/Radeon kexts in the stack trace. Installing kexts will cause a kernel cache rebuild, which may expose problems you previously had, but were masked by an old kernel cache.

Please take your questions regarding this matter to a separate thread. These off-topic posts will be deleted shortly.

Last edited:
i have made sure there is no cache issue, and i am injecting the kext.
i'm not new to solving KP issues but this one stumps me as VoodooPS2 seems to be affecting graphics (without it injected i have full graphics and completely working setup, except keyboard and trackpad).
my graphics/entire setup is perfect, until Sierra :(
But if you honestly believe its not related, i will take my issue elsewhere.
Thanks for the Help

i have made sure there is no cache issue, and i am injecting the kext.

All kexts should be installed to the system volume. Injection is only for the installer and recovery.

If you need me to look at something, attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (no themes)

All kexts should be installed to the system volume. Injection is only for the installer and recovery.

If you need me to look at something, attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (no themes)
i only inject so i can test kexts before installing, i will test to make sure this in not the issue, i still installed the daemon and plist.
Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.6 MB · Views: 109
i only inject so i can test kexts before installing, i will test to make sure this in not the issue, i still installed the daemon and plist.
Thanks for the help :)

Please, EFI/Clover only (not EFI). Without 'themes'. As requested.

It will be much smaller than 27mb.

Please, EFI/Clover only (not EFI). Without 'themes'. As requested.

It will be much smaller than 27mb.
I did remove themes, here is just the clover folder from EFI, removed clover drivers also.
Sorry

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
I did remove themes, here is just the clover folder from EFI, removed clover drivers also.
Sorry

I didn't ask for Clover drivers to be removed.
Your CLOVER/kexts is wrong. You're injecting FakeSMC.kext twice (not a good idea), once from 10.12 and another in Other... and FakeSMC.kext is old.

Also, please fill out your profile (because at this point, I don't know what hardware you have, nor whether you're booting UEFI or legacy).

Note: I have no experience with AMD graphics, so cannot offer any advice regarding crashes with it. You might disable it (or remove the drivers) to see if the issue goes away..

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I didn't ask for Clover drivers to be removed.
Your CLOVER/kexts is wrong. You're injecting FakeSMC.kext twice (not a good idea), once from 10.12 and another in Other... and FakeSMC.kext is old.

Also, please fill out your profile (because at this point, I don't know what hardware you have, nor whether you're booting UEFI or legacy).

Note: I have no experience with AMD graphics, so cannot offer any advice regarding crashes with it. You might disable it (or remove the drivers) to see if the issue goes away..

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"
Fixed.
I had the latest fakeSMC, but i must have reverted it by mistake when i ran into this issue and i assumed clover would only use 'other' if OS version number was unknown.
I removed drivers as i thought it would not be related and some are unused.

Fixed.
I had the latest fakeSMC, but i must have reverted it by mistake when i ran into this issue and i assumed clover would only use 'other' if OS version number was unknown.

So, it turned out to be the issue with your FakeSMC setup?

So, it turned out to be the issue with your FakeSMC setup?
no i mean i filled out my profile more..
i have updated fakeSMC and removed it from 'other' though and installed VoodooPS2 as opposed to injecting it and has made no difference :(
sorry for all the miscommunication :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back