Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad choice of a modifier key by me, I suppose. It is easy to forget that I'm using KeyRemap4MacBook to make this behave more like a PC. I consider Apple's decision to launch context menus with the Control+leftclick to be brain dead (that's what the right button is for!), so I use KeyRemap4MacBook to swap Control+leftclick for Command+leftclick. This allows me to open links in new tabs in Chrome with Control+leftclick. So, on my system Control works just fine for this purpose.

Bottom line: I'm going to have to make this configurable in the Info.plist.

This is now configurable. DragLockTempMask in trackpad Info.plist. See README.md for values. By default is set to Command.

FYI... Noticed I named the file incorrectly (2012 vs 2013). Still getting used to 2013, I guess :) Fixed original post and re-uploaded the (same) file with corrected file name.

This is working fantastically on my Vostro 3350 with kinetic scrolling. Tap click seems to have less jitter. I haven't plugged an external mouse yet. The mappings obviously interfered with my fn+f4 for lower brightness and fn+f5 to raise brightness. Now when I try to lower or raise brightness using them it just gets stuck going up or down then stops working entirely. I realize I need to remap the keys, just letting you know of the possibly obvious. Great job man.

After using it for a bit:
  • 3 finger back and forth for browsing does not detect well
  • 3/4 finger vertical swipe detects very well
  • Scrolling seems nearly perfect if not perfect

This is working fantastic on my Vostro 3350 with kinetic scrolling. Tap click seems to have less jitter. I haven't plugged an external mouse yet. The mappings obviously interfered with my fn+f4 for lower brightness and fn+f5 to raise brightness. Now when I try to lower or raise brightness using them it just gets stuck going up or down then stops working entirely. I realize I need to remap the keys, just letting you know of the possibly obvious. Great job man.

Glad it is working for you... I don't think the Vostro has a ClickPad, so hopefully some more people w/ the ClickPad types can provide some feedback. But nice to know the normal Synaptics support is working for your Dell.

Now, here is some code from a two-finger drag of an object horizontally across my screen (It did not stay on the Y-axis and jumped around a bit):
No so interested in the other single finger scenarios or even two-finger scroll (in two finger scroll, the driver pays attention to only the data coming from the primary finger -- secondary packets are ignored).

For the two finger... I can see from the debug output that the Y is jumping a little bit, but it is not ridiculous like mine... which jumps around a lot (with dy +/- in the ~300-~400 range).

I take it there is hope w/ this driver?

How about two finger dragging bottom to top?

I was playing around w/ my friend's MacBook Air last night, and even the Mac trackpad has issues with two finger dragging. Especially if the primary finger is not in the lower part of the trackpad. I wonder if the ClickPads are similar, where best results are with the anchor finger solidly in the "left button" area.

Here is two-finger drag from bottom up (Object jumped to bottom of screen):

From the looks of that packet dump, everything was fine until you released?

So, perhaps all that needs to be figured out is the drastic jump after the object is released... which I think I see in that output (z=0). In my testing on my trackpad I wasn't seeing any low-Z value secondary finger packets, so I didn't bother to check for it in the code. Looks like I should... (and probably ignore them).

The jump occurred before the release. The position of the object at the time of release is where it jumped to. Once it jumped, I released the object.

OK. Either way I should ignore secondary finger packets with small Z. In theory, we shouldn't get a secondary finger packet with a small Z because small Z indicates finger is lifted... and if finger is lifted, there is only the primary finger left... and if only one finger is touching, then there shouldn't be any secondary finger packets. So much for theory...

New build in first post.

thinking about installing this

if I remove AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext will it affect my ar9825 card from io80211family? I faintly recall that it was needed for that.

thinking about installing this

if I remove AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext will it affect my ar9825 card from io80211family? I faintly recall that it was needed for that.

No. AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext is only related to ApplePS2Controller.kext (and plugins). Nothing to do with IO80211Family.kext.

No. AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext is only related to ApplePS2Controller.kext (and plugins). Nothing to do with IO80211Family.kext.
that's right... I was thinking mergedevicenub

ok...here's some results from my lenovo:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RehabMan
Try also to right click by depressing your "pad button" with two fingers. Let me know how that goes.

does not work for me. I can do two finger tap to get the right click.

quote_icon.png
It should also be possible to "click" the buttons with the "pad button" while you have one finger on the trackpad.

That works fine

quote_icon.png
There are a couple ways to drag using the "pad button." First is with one finger. It would be good to verify that works first.

That works

quote_icon.png
The next way is what I'm hoping to get working and it involves multitouch (main point of this test release). In this case, you move the pointer to the object you want to drag. Then you can press the "pad button" anywhere but the right-click area and hold. Then with a second finger, move the pointer to where you want the object. Release the "pad button" when you're done.

This works very well.

quote_icon.png
Third way is with double-tap-hold. This doesn't involve the "pad button." Tap on the pad as if you were going to double click, but on the second tap, hold (light touch, not necessary to click the pad).

This works. but I prefer the second way the best.

quote_icon.png
In addition (new feature this version), you can temporarily invoke "drag lock" by holding down Control when you do the double-tap-hold. For that drag only, it acts like you have drag-lock enabled. Very useful for dragging longer distances. A single tap gets you out of "drag-lock" and the object drops where you have it. These methods only work if you have clicking + dragging enabled in Trackpad Prefs.

Once I enabled drag-lock in trackpad preferences, this worked just fine.

Other notes:
three button didn't work
I lost my key mapping for brightness F2/F3 but FN+insert and FN+Home still work
my six year old daughter started playing on it and it was difficult for her to use the trackpad to go left/right. not sure if finger size have an impact. she does fine on regular MBP pad​

I was playing around with the keys... I hit fn-F1 and it went to sleep. I hit the power button to get it to come out of sleep and the trackpad stopped working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back