Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tluck,
Thanks for your reply.
Seems that both 1 finger (moving the pointer around the screen) and 2 finger swiping (as in scrolling down a web page) have the issue. Although two finger swiping seems even more problematic.

To try to describe the issue in more depth:
1 Finger - If I move my finger slowly across the trackpad, the pointer moves appropriately slow. Of is start to move my finger faster e.g. if I intend to move the pointer quickly from one side of the screen to the other, there is a point where the pointer suddenly stops/slows down and becomes very stuttery. If I slow my finger down again, the pointer then moves smoothly (but slowly)...it's frustrating as it actually does the opposite if what you are wanting. You want to move the pointer fast and far, but it refuses.
2 Finger - Basically feels like the same issue, although it seems even more acute. e.g. if viewing a long web page and I quickly want to two finger scroll down the page, the results is an almost total failure to scroll or very erratic start/stop scrolling...only slow finger movements can get the page to scroll with any confidence.

to summerize, moderate to fast finger movement does not seem to be recognised by the trackpad.

I'll look into your profiles.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Been talking with jcsnider (who helped RehabMan with Thinkpad VoodooPS2Controller support) on the X1 Carbon (3rd) guide thread. Seems the X1 Carbon (3rd) also has issues with the swipe fast/stutter thing. I can confirm this as I just installed Mojave on my X1 over the weekend. It's very frustrating as everything else is working so well...but when the way you interact with the machine feels clunky, it's not an enjoyable experience.

Did you ever find a solution?

I tried an old version of the controller, and the scroll app 'MOS'. This makes my laptop acceptable as a secondary pc, but I honestly regret going down the hackintosh route. The guides should warn about how horrible the scrolling is so people can buy a different laptop.

I tried an old version of the controller, and the scroll app 'MOS'. This makes my laptop acceptable as a secondary pc, but I honestly regret going down the hackintosh route. The guides should warn about how horrible the scrolling is so people can buy a different laptop.

I'm wondering if it's specific to Mojave. Otherwise I'm sure more people would have mentioned it. Was the issue the same in High Sierra?

Is there no faster way to update the values within the voodoo touchpad drivers without having to restart the machine?

I'm using t450s with Sypnastic trackpad. I can use 3 fingers gesture to use mission control by changing shortcuts in keyboard setting. I must change "Move left to space" (from "command+left arrow" to "command+[". Can you edit it in your VoodooController to use the original setting of "Move left to space". Thank you

Two-finger scrolling is very slow on my T440p. 'Trackpad Options' in Mojave doesn't work. Can I tweak sensitivity and/or inertia/speed in the kext?
I have installed it on my Lenovo Thinkpad T440 (OSx Mojave): two finger (vertical) scroll is slow, not many fluid... useless :( and sometime the two finger tap not works, I must 'click' the pad or repeat two finger tap many time. I hope you can help me... thanks.

Hi there, please help!
I'm trying to make work an Acer a515-54g notebook with 10.14. Everything works besides kb/trackpad, and I'm ending up in a sanatorium as it seems.
DSDT Patches - either with or without;
Config - default from Clover with Intel GFX patches for display to work;
Latest lilu, whatevergreen, virtualsmc in /E/C/kexts/Other

Now voodoops2controller...

I found six different versions on the Net, with or without voodooi2c included. Two scenarios: 1) it doesn't work although seems to be loaded in ioreg; 2) it hangs the machine on boot saying:
AppleLMUController: start error: could not get SMCprovider
busy timeout[0], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU', 'ARTC'
busy timeout[1], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU', 'ARTC'

Of course I tried to disable all the plugins, same result. The VERY first boot with latest voodoops2controller went through with 'debug kexts' clover option (no disabled kexts!!! just debug info on screen) AND the kb was WORKING, but once i put my finger onto the touchpad, it stopped responding. And I could not repeat successful boot anymore.

Must be a very cumbersome config, but I'm a noob with ps2 stuff on hac, was using USB only on desktops...

Thank you!

Hi there, please help!
I'm trying to make work an Acer a515-54g notebook with 10.14. Everything works besides kb/trackpad, and I'm ending up in a sanatorium as it seems.
DSDT Patches - either with or without;
Config - default from Clover with Intel GFX patches for display to work;
Latest lilu, whatevergreen, virtualsmc in /E/C/kexts/Other

Now voodoops2controller...

I found six different versions on the Net, with or without voodooi2c included. Two scenarios: 1) it doesn't work although seems to be loaded in ioreg; 2) it hangs the machine on boot saying:
AppleLMUController: start error: could not get SMCprovider
busy timeout[0], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU', 'ARTC'
busy timeout[1], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU', 'ARTC'

Of course I tried to disable all the plugins, same result. The VERY first boot with latest voodoops2controller went through with 'debug kexts' clover option (no disabled kexts!!! just debug info on screen) AND the kb was WORKING, but once i put my finger onto the touchpad, it stopped responding. And I could not repeat successful boot anymore.

Must be a very cumbersome config, but I'm a noob with ps2 stuff on hac, was using USB only on desktops...

Thank you!

Can you please run Linux/Linux live USB and execute command xinput -list in terminal to check what touchpad brand you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back