Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rehabman,

I'm trying to hackintosh a HP Pavilion Power 15. Hardware is similar to the HP Omen series except for thunderbolt and dual graphics.

I installed VoodooPS2Controller.kext following the instructions in the GitHub readme.

But it is not working properly.
What is working.
1)Two finger scroll
2)Two finger right click(requires pressing down with 2 fingers)

Not working.
1)Tapping (Strangely tapping works on the log in screen. After logging in only clicking works)
2) All other gestures
3)Trackpad is not showing up on the Preferances Panel.

Thank You

Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• debug_17414.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 140
1)Tapping (Strangely tapping works on the log in screen. After logging in only clicking works)

Change setting in SysPrefs->Trackpad.

2) All other gestures

Not all gestures are supported.

3)Trackpad is not showing up on the Preferances Panel.

Mistakes:
- battery status not implemented (often required for SysPrefs->Trackpad)
- kexts installed incorrectly (as per FAQ, kexts go to /L/E on 10.11 and later... you installed to /S/L/E)

Hi rehabman again
I dont know what i did wrong but when i touch my trackpad it goes crazy and starts left and right clicking everywhere. And after that i cant propertly left click with my mouse.
The only thing that i can do when it happens is restart my hackintosh.
I already deleted voodoops2controller.kext, voodoops2controller daemon, rebuild permisses, reinstall voodoops2controller. But nothing work.

Help, please?

Attachments

• debug_17283.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 132
Hi rehabman again
I dont know what i did wrong but when i touch my trackpad it goes crazy and starts left and right clicking everywhere. And after that i cant propertly left click with my mouse.
The only thing that i can do when it happens is restart my hackintosh.
I already deleted voodoops2controller.kext, voodoops2controller daemon, rebuild permisses, reinstall voodoops2controller. But nothing work.

Help, please?

Your trackpad is ELAN... Not supported by this kext.

Look for PS2 kexts specifically for ELAN.

Hello, RehabMan.

Any ideas why the Double-Tap-Hold wouldn't be working? Is this related to the 1.8.22 update when the DynamicEWMode was disabled by default? I have an issue with my touchpad's click function (sometimes it does 5 or 6 clicks even though I have clicked only once), so clicking and dragging does not work for me.

Everything else works great.

Thanks for your time and dedication!

P.S.: Running 10.13.6 in the laptop from my signature/profile. Did not attach files because everything else works fine, so there are no problems loading the kexts.

Hello, RehabMan.

Any ideas why the Double-Tap-Hold wouldn't be working? Is this related to the 1.8.22 update when the DynamicEWMode was disabled by default? I have an issue with my touchpad's click function (sometimes it does 5 or 6 clicks even though I have clicked only once), so clicking and dragging does not work for me.

Everything else works great.

Thanks for your time and dedication!

P.S.: Running 10.13.6 in the laptop from my signature/profile. Did not attach files because everything else works fine, so there are no problems loading the kexts.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi Just a fast novice question: According the laptop hack from @RehabMan I can use the voodooI2C kexts for multitouch support assuming my laptop has support for I2C devices. Does it make sense to install org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2* along with the voodooI2C kexts or should I install only the org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2* OR com.alexandred.VoodooI2C* ?

Thanks!

Hi Just a fast novice question: According the laptop hack from @RehabMan I can use the voodooI2C kexts for multitouch support assuming my laptop has support for I2C devices. Does it make sense to install org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2* along with the voodooI2C kexts or should I install only the org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2* OR com.alexandred.VoodooI2C* ?

Thanks!

VoodooPS2Controller.kext can be used with VoodooI2C kexts such that your PS2 keyboard works...

You can eliminate the VoodooPS2Mouse/VoodooPS2Trackpad kexts from the PlugIns directory if you want.

VoodooPS2Controller.kext can be used with VoodooI2C kexts such that your PS2 keyboard works...

You can eliminate the VoodooPS2Mouse/VoodooPS2Trackpad kexts from the PlugIns directory if you want.

Got it!

Thanks!!!!

Hello, I am currently running this kext on my Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th and macOS 10.13.6 with clover
the kext is installed in /L/E

the trackpoint is working just fine but when I try to scroll with the track point (pushing up/down with middle button down) it keeps pressing middle button (eg scrolling through a page w/ hyperlinks. when my cursor passes through the link while scrolling it automatically opens the link in a new tab [middle mouse function])

also, the the three-finger gestures are not behaving as I configured them (three swipe up opens the enclosing folder instead of mission control in finder)

Any ideas?

P.S. looking forward to four-finger gestures(like default open launchpad) and pinch to zoom :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back