Contribute
Register

New USB Raise Port Limit Patch for High Sierra

Quick note- High Sierra has a new Raise Port Limit Patch for USB 3 on Skylake/100 Series builds.

Here's the data for Clover's KextstoPatch:

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32MEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32MGw==
                </data>
            </dict>

Comment: Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1
Find: 837D8C10
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace: 837D8C1B

View attachment 264157

For use with USBInjectAll.kext.

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-14#entry2437692
This patch doesn't appear to be working any more for public beta 3. Can you confirm?

Working for public beta 4 - it solved the "why doesn't this blasted USB hard drive show up in finder" issue for me! Thanks :)

edit: and now removed since I have a working SSDT to keep number of ports at 15 or below. The 6 I disabled were all motherboard headers, will need to swap some in boot flags when I switch cases and move the usb 3.0 header from SS07/08 to SS03/04.

Last edited:
This was the final step in getting my High Sierra installation running smoothly. For the record, I used Clover Configurator to make the changes to the config.plist file rather than TextWrangler, etc. Works well!

Last edited:
rehabman do u have new usb 3.0 patch for release version 10.13? bec some port cannot read usb drive but not in 10.12.6

Fantastic. Worked like a charm. Used Clover Configurator and restarted the machine. All good. Thanks!

I've tried following the guides on here to address my ports correctly, but to no avail. Using the USB Inject All kext seems to make the boot take about 4 mins, and then after the progress bar at the black Apple logo screen reaches the end, the screen just goes black, and stays black.

I'm willing to drop a small amount of money for somebody to help out over TeamViewer. If anyone is interested, just drop me a line.

it is working for me. just simple as hitting the + copy and paste in kernel kext and patches section in clover configurator install the kext in efi/clover/kext and in library extension with kextbeast:headbang:

Upgrade to HS worked after using audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command,
but gave me two dead USB 3.0 ports.
I fixed this with the patch from this thread and USB ist working now.

But reproduceably there remains a problem with sleep.
If I set the system into sleep mode and wake it up (via key press)
system comes back bat all (really all) USB ports are dead. They have
power but neither corded keyboard nor a mouse (or an USB stick)
is recognized or working.
Where should I look first?

(Clover newest version, kexts as shown in screenshot)

Attached is a list of patched kexts too - 3 times AppleHDA - okay?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-30 um 20.04.19.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-30 um 20.04.19.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 825
  • Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-30 um 20.09.41.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-30 um 20.09.41.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 782
Back