Contribute
Register

New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarioA said:
You must delete all voodoo kext and voodoo preferencepanes (prefPane). Also install new DSDT from this site, and use multibeast to install this method (ALC8xxHDA + rollback) with all system utils checked. Works fine.
Did that already. Still doesn't work.

Anthonyx82x said:
MarioA said:
You must delete all voodoo kext and voodoo preferencepanes (prefPane). Also install new DSDT from this site, and use multibeast to install this method (ALC8xxHDA + rollback) with all system utils checked. Works fine.
Did that already. Still doesn't work.

I am in the same boat as you. I am not using a DSDT so I went with the HDAEnabler route, removed Voodoo and prefpane. In system profiler it shows:
--------------------------------------------
Intel High Definition Audio
Line Output
Speaker
External Microphone / iPhone Headset

Audio ID: 892
---------------------------------------------

However, I have nothing in the sound preferences and can't get audio from the front or rear of my machine.

Well I'm using a DSDT with Multibeast from the website. I wasnt using one a long time ago when I thought it was giving me a KP so I was using the VoodooHDA and that worked. I may have to go back to using it along with my DSDT. Before I tried this out it was working fine. Guess I'll just have to wait for a fix for it. I have Audio 888

trwoolley said:
donw35 said:
GA X58-USB3 with ALC892 and all working, used the DSDT and MultiBeast.

Good job guys

Don, does your front headphone jack work while the rear green line out is connected? Mine doesn't!

I haven't checked that and I don't use headphones

I thought the new driver was working perfectly, but now I'm having some odd glitching at the beginning of any sound that plays. Once something is going, it's fine, but if the computer has been silent for a while, it will glitch again on the next sound. What's funny is I've actually gotten my other issues mostly solved now with some tweaking to BIOS settings - the box is running smoothly, and able to sleep and wake without losing the monitor or the USB devices.

I might try rolling back to the older 892 driver to see if it works better or if there's something else I've done lately that's fouled me up.

ETA: Huh, never mind. Reinstalled old driver, no glitches. Reinstalled new driver as a final verification - no glitches. Something else fishy musta been going on. Maybe I forgot to rebuild caches at some point recently and got stuff kinda wacky.

I have a MSI X58-GD45
This doesn't works

I am using the Voodoo extension, however I hear a BIG BIG HUM (static noise), as soon as I turn my volume up a little bit

I would appreciate help, everything else is working great

i am having hard time to make this work over hdmi i can get it to work over spdif no problems so going back to vodoo 2.56 as my hdmi on gt 240 is working that way and i am happy camper....if this can support hdmi then will try this ....thanks

I have my sound working now, for some reason hooking up my USB powered speakers was creating A LOT of noise.

I have Logitech 5.1 speakers, so I am only using those ones now, issue resolved, without even buying anything :)

:clap: super work macman...

works on Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4...
don't tested with headset

etherealglimpse said:
Works on my comp in my sig. The only downside, i have to unplug the back green output to get the front output to work. With the older driver it would switch to front automatically. I loved this so I could use my headphones at night.

We have same dilemma...That's why I'm back using LegacyHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back