Contribute
Register

New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI x58 Pro mother board with ALC888S chip, followed the install for the ALC888 with the enabler. OSX loads fine and I have volume control and the audio card shows up fine in system profiler, but no matter what I do i get no sound out. If i go back and use the Iboot cd to load the sound works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit, In the Audio Devices Panel I can see and work with the different card channels, but for the Build-in Output the M volume slider is grey and all the way at the left side. When I used the volume up and down buttons on the apple keyboard the volume sliders for 1 and 2 move but the M stays to the left greyed out. Hope this additional information helps.

GA X58-USB3 with ALC892 and all working, used the DSDT and MultiBeast.

Good job guys

donw35 said:
GA X58-USB3 with ALC892 and all working, used the DSDT and MultiBeast.

Good job guys

Don, does your front headphone jack work while the rear green line out is connected? Mine doesn't!

Works on my comp in my sig. The only downside, i have to unplug the back green output to get the front output to work. With the older driver it would switch to front automatically. I loved this so I could use my headphones at night.

etherealglimpse said:
Works on my comp in my sig. The only downside, i have to unplug the back green output to get the front output to work. With the older driver it would switch to front automatically. I loved this so I could use my headphones at night.

Ditto! My solution is to leave the rear green output connected to my monitor, and use the headphone jack on my monitor. Then I don't have to break my old back getting down on the floor to make switches! I realize not everyone can do this with most monitors - I got lucky.

Doesn't work on my GA-P55A-UD3, Followed the steps, deleted everything I needed to and then rebooted and No sound at all. It seems that none of these have ever worked for me except the VoodooHDA 0.2.61 or the 56, the updated versions just gave me KP every time and it took forever to figure out that's what was giving me the KP.

Has anyone managed to get this to work on the same MB as mine??

You must delete all voodoo kext and voodoo preferencepanes (prefPane). Also install new DSDT from this site, and use multibeast to install this method (ALC8xxHDA + rollback) with all system utils checked. Works fine.

Anthonyx82x said:
Doesn't work on my GA-P55A-UD3, Followed the steps, deleted everything I needed to and then rebooted and No sound at all. It seems that none of these have ever worked for me except the VoodooHDA 0.2.61 or the 56, the updated versions just gave me KP every time and it took forever to figure out that's what was giving me the KP.

No, I too have had issues with the MB and the unified driver. I even did a fresh Snow install, the unified driver, the enabler, and the full system utilities and used the August 31 DSDT for this rev. 1 motherboard.

theta2099 said:
Anthonyx82x said:

No, I too have had issues with the MB and the unified driver. I even did a fresh Snow install, the unified driver, the enabler, and the full system utilities and used the August 31 DSDT for this rev. 1 motherboard.

And it is working now?

My MoBo is a GA P55A UD3P Rev 1.0

I don't have sound.

I need help. Thanks

Works with the ALC889 on the Gigabyte P55A-UD4P with a few caveats others reported. Here are my solutions:

- Headphone functionality is backwards. If you choose "Headphones", it will give priority to the Back Line Out Port. (ie, if there are audio cables plugged into both the Back Line Out and Headphone/Front Line Out, it will default to the Back Line Out).

Seems other Gigabyte mobos also have this problem:

etherealglimpse said:

My Workaround:
1. Plug speaker/external audio device into port marked "Side" NOT the green Line Out. External audio will now be the 2nd "Line Out" device in "Output Devices" in System Preferences.
2. Headphone/Front Port audio will be "Headphones"
3. Switch output devices in System Pref. to switch between external and headphone audio.
You can do this without opening System Preferences all the time like this:
- Go to Sound in System Preferences
- Make sure the "Show Volume in Menu Bar" option is checked.
- OPTION + CLICK the volume indicator in your Menu Bar to quickly switch output devices.

Some people haven't had it work at all according to the initial instructions. Mine didn't work just using a DSDT. Had to use non-DSDT enabler even when I used a DSDT. No Big. If its not working at all (like the people above) Try using one of the non-DSDT enablers.

You guys rule. I can get ride of more cable clutter from my iMic now :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back