Contribute
Register

New UEFIPatch patches! Unlock 0xE2, 0x1AA (boot Catalina without any kernel patches, native power mgmt) on C422, C620, and some X299 motherboards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short update: UEFIPatch can unlock MSR E2h and 1AAh on any of firmwares F5 to F8 for the C621-SU8 motherboard.
I have not succeeded to boot on firmwares F5 and F6. Firmwares F7 and F8 can boot with CPU wrapping (and SSDT-PLUG on the fake CPU objects). An SSDT-PMC as used by OpenCore on Z390 systems provides native NVRAM and allows to install Big Sur! Installers for Mojave and Catalina do not work, but it is possible to boot a system installed on another machine.

Hi.
Glad to know about this new patch. Any of you have an ideea if it could work on a dual CPU board? I have a Gigabyte C621-WD12.
Thank you

Sorry, just saw at the beginning of the post that it should work.
I’ll test it and share the results.

Short update 2: With all OpenCore Booter quirks disabled except EnableWriteUnprotector, Mojave and Catalina install just fine. My C621-SU8 build finally ran smoothly as a Hackintosh, but a complete write-up has to wait because I currently need it 24/7 under Linux.

Looking forward to hear about your C621-WD12, and especially how it sleeps with two CPUs.

Short update 2: With all OpenCore Booter quirks disabled except EnableWriteUnprotector, Mojave and Catalina install just fine. My C621-SU8 build finally ran smoothly as a Hackintosh, but a complete write-up has to wait because I currently need it 24/7 under Linux.

Looking forward to hear about your C621-WD12, and especially how it sleeps with two CPUs.
HI,What CPU are you using? Have you tried to insert the GC TITIAN Thunderbolt card? Is the system hibernating normally? Looking forward for your reply, thank you

Hi

I didn’t finish the testing as I started a project and I am using the computer on Windows until the project ends.
i have 2 Xeon Gold 6240 QS and Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 thunderbolt.
I will update here when I am testing MacOS again.
Thanks

HI, @cosministor! Thanks for the update. I wouldn't have dared using ES/QS CPUs in a Gigabyte motherboard. Most tinkerers appear to use Supermicro boards for sample CPUS—and then only with certain BIOS versions.

I myself have moved my C621-SU8 to Linux for a project, so I cannot reply to @xflan on the GC TitanRidge yet.
The C621-SU8 was difficult to set up—in part because it actually requires less quirks than the Gigabyte C246 platforms and I was too deferent to the settings suggested by the Dortania guide. However I never had any issue with sleep.
I have initially used a Silver 4216, and upgraded to a Platinum 8255C (24C@2,5 GHz: a slightly better bin of the 8260) after succeeding with BigSur. Any 1st or 2nd generation Xeon Scalable should work as long as its TDP is 165W or less.

helo guys is uefipatch work on windows and wher to download y have Asus Ws c621e Sage and y want to patch the bios to run macos monterey thx???

Supermicro X11SPM-TF, after patch,can not be boot
QQ图片20220423161049.jpg
QQ图片20220423161037.jpg

It looks like the two patches were successfully applied. But these are mostly cosmetic, since the registers can be unlocked by quirks anyway.
Could the system boot with the unpatched BIOS, or is this an early attempt? If so, it would be best to open a support thread for the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back