Contribute
Register

New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
No USB3 issue solved in Z77X-UP4-TH F7. The USB3 ports still works only with USB3 devices when setting XHCI-AUTO in UEFI BIOS and ML 10.8.1 (USB3 ports can not works with USB2 devices).

I just flashed my Z77X-UD5H using the QFlash method to F14. So far so good!

Were are the dsdt's for the gigabyte z77 already i have been asking this question for a long time with no answer
you guys had a few before and now there all missing

Article: New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

i just updated my ga-z77x-ud5h. My first time updating a bios. It looks like my system setting have been completely reset, even the new version of ml got rolled back...weird. All my files are still here though. Is this normal?

where are all the dsdt's for the z77 ud5h??????????????

BE AWARE.... I just updated my Z77X-UD5H to firmware version F14... and the system wouldn't shutdown properly. I reverted back to version F8, and everything is working fine again (relief). I also installed a GTX 660 TI around the same time, but I don't think that affected the shutdown problem. I believe the problem is with the F14 firmware.... perhaps others can test with their systems and verify?

-masterdrogo

Did you disable Wake on LAN?

Were are the dsdt's for the gigabyte z77 already i have been asking this question for a long time with no answer

And we've answered it many times, you don't need one

you don't need it.

you don't need it.

Let's be clear here. You don't need it if you don't care about things like auto sleep, usb devices being ejected during sleep, or hot-plugging thunderbolt. If those things do matter, then it will take a DSDT with the proper edits to fix. That seems to be a low priority for people which is why you don't see any DSDT's for the board. I'm sure in time someone will create one that fixes some of the issues.

Let's be clear here. You don't need it if you don't care about things like auto sleep, usb devices being ejected during sleep, or hot-plugging thunderbolt. If those things do matter, then it will take a DSDT with the proper edits to fix. That seems to be a low priority for people which is why you don't see any DSDT's for the board. I'm sure in time someone will create one that fixes some of the issues.
I'm using NO DSDT on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and see none of the issues you are describing.

I'm using NO DSDT on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and see none of the issues you are describing.

So your system auto sleeps by itself (not using something like PleaseSleep)? If you have a USB drive attached, to the USB2 and/or 3 ports, when it wakes are they still connected? If so, you're the first person i've heard of that has that working? I honestly doubt you have hotplugging of Thunderbolt ports working. It doesn't even work under Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back